Pediatric Surgery - Trauma Medical DirectorApply!
Posting Note: Phoenix Children’s has initiated a national search for an innovative leader in clinical and academic pediatric trauma and general surgery who will serve as the Pediatric Trauma Medical Director. This is a unique role for a gifted clinical and academic pediatric surgeon who has a solid vision for teaching, clinical and research program development and who appreciates the significance of collegial decision-making in an interdisciplinary structure. This position represents a distinctive role for a forward-focused leader who will provide strategic direction and administrative leadership in a Division that will be expected to have significant expansion and continued development to provide pediatric trauma care across the PCH system. The current operating room and interventional capacity includes 12 inpatient OR’s and 17 ambulatory OR’s/GI endoscopy suites, 2 interventional radiology suites and 2 cardiac catheterization suites. The Director is expected to have strong experience with the ACS trauma quality program and verification. The trauma program is currently supported by a trauma program manager, 2 performance improvement coordinators, 5 trauma nurse practitioners, 2 trauma social workers, 4 trauma registrars, and 5 research personnel, as well as a robust injury prevention program. In addition to the characteristics noted above, applicants must have an MD or MD/PhD degree, be board-certified in pediatric surgery, and meet the other Trauma Medical Director requirements of a Level I trauma center. They must provide documentation of achieved accomplishments, and demonstrated proof of mentorship, leadership, and scholarship in pediatric surgery and trauma. The successful candidate must possess effective interpersonal, collaborative and communication skills. It is expected that the candidate will be eligible for academic appointment at the Associate Professor or Professor level of our affiliated medical schools.
This position has a desire to build a robust clinical practice while being integrally involved in the academic and educational advancement of PCH and training general surgery residents and medical students. A detailed job description is included in each Pediatric Surgeon's signed contract.
- See contract on file.
- See contract on file.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable