Posting Note: The Division of Cardiology at Phoenix Children’s Hospital (PCH) is looking for a pediatric cardiologist with training and expertise in Interventional Pediatric Cardiology to join the Division. We are in search of a full-time pediatric cardiologist to join our Heart Center as a 3rd interventional cardiologist. Applicants must possess an M.D., M.D./Ph.D. or D.O. from an accredited medical school or eligible for same and have or be eligible to obtain an unrestricted Arizona Medical License. Candidates must have completed a Fellowship in Pediatric Cardiology and be board certified (or eligible) in Pediatric Cardiology by the American Board of Pediatrics. Completion of a 4th year of training in interventional pediatric cardiology is also required. Faculty members will be expected to obtain an academic appointment at the University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix, with the opportunity to participate in scholarly activities in the medical school as desired. Responsibilities will include: • Shared coverage of all pediatric and adult congenital cardiac catheterization procedures (including shared after hours/weekend on-call coverage of the cardiac catheterization laboratory) • Rotation on the inpatient Cardiology Service with all cardiology faculty • Outpatient clinic coverage including outpatient consults, established patient follow ups, cardiac catheterization consultations, support of satellite clinics as needed • Participation in the clinical mentoring of pediatric cardiology fellows, pediatric residents and medical students (in the catheterization laboratory, inpatient service and outpatient clinics) • Participation in clinical research and other academic endeavors is highly encouraged
The staff physician shall provide patient care services and will support the PCH mission of providing hope, healing and the best health care for children and their families.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Patient Care Services
- 1)Provide patient care services for which he/she is clinically privileged, including but not limited to:
- a)Provide direct patient care services on an inpatient and outpatient basis
- b)Provide subspecialty consultations and follow-up.
- c)Provide diagnostic and therapeutic services/procedures
- d)Provide these services for urgent/ emergent care as necessary
- 2)Strive to achieve the best patient and family centered care
- 3)Support Hospital’s patient satisfaction goals as well as division’s specific targets
- 4)Support and adhere to divisional patient safety and quality of care standards
- 5)Practices Contemporary Evidence based medicine or latest experience based medicine
- 1)Establish and demonstrate effort to achieve annual physician goals and objectives (e.g. individual, division, hospital)
- 2)Support the medical education programs and activities of the Division, including but not limited to:
- a)Provide direct supervision of trainees and allied health care professionals for the delivery of inpatient and outpatient services when applicable
- b)Conduct teaching rounds, lectures and conference for trainees
- c)Participate in the teaching and supervision of trainees and allied health care professionals assigned to the division
- d)Participate in the postgraduate continuing educational activities of the division
- 3)Support the research endeavors of the division including the research initiatives by other members of the division
- 4)Support programmatic growth of division
- 5)Support satellite efforts of division when appropriate
- 1)Treat colleagues, PCH employees and customers with courtesy, dignity and respect
- 2)Promote safe, cooperative and professional health care environment
- 3)Support PCH mission, vision and values, including family centered care, excellence in clinical care, leadership, collaboration, and accountability
- 1)Physician shall support the Division Chief in his/her role as liaison to the professional community and general public as requested by the Division Chief
- 2)Physician may conduct teaching rounds or conferences outside of PCH, particularly if these activities support divisional clinical and teaching programs/ initiatives.
- 3)Physician shall represent PCH in the medical and business communities and before the general public in a professional manner
- 4)The following physical and mental skills are essential to the physician’s ability to successfully perform the foregoing duties and responsibilities:
- a)The ability to communicate by telephone, computer or other communication devices
- b)The ability to perform after hours or night call responsibilities as needed
- c)The ability to work regularly scheduled work hours
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.