Medical Staff Coord
Under the direction of the Manager of Medical Staff Services and Manager of Credentialing, the Medical Staff Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all aspects of assigned medical staff departments, sections and committee functions to ensure compliance with the PCH Medical Staff Bylaws, State and Federal requirements, and accreditation standards. Coordinates all aspects of credentialing, including initial appointment, reappointment and privileging. Responsible for data administration for medical staff credentialing software and databases. Supports the department in the organization and analysis of information and data, and provides expertise in statistical analysis and quantitative processes. This position also provides support to the Medical Staff Services Managers in areas of Medical Executive Committee preparation, Medical Staff leadership, special meetings, supervision of the department in the Manager’s absence, and other assistance as required.
- Assists in the organizing and directing of a comprehensive and specialized credentialing program to assure continued accreditation by The Joint Commission and other regulatory organizations.
- Interprets, explains and follows all regulatory guidelines, including Medical Staff Bylaws, fair hearing plan, rules and regulations and policies.
- Ensures the credentialing of applicants for initial appointment and reappointment is coordinated accurately and timely in compliance with defined schedules. Collects and analyzes information thoroughly to identify potential quality of care issues, behavioral problems, appropriate education and training. Investigates issues of concern, generates reports, and presents findings to facilitate recommendations to the Credentials Committee, Medical Executive Committee and the Board of Directors.
- Manages systems to identify, and disseminate to others, medical staff members and their clinical privileges; prepare and maintains other related records and reports. Responsible for the accuracy, integrity, and security of the credentialing and privileging database system and for the data entry performed by personnel in the Medical Staff Services Department.
- Coordinates and facilitates assigned medical staff department committees, standing committees, ad hoc and special committee meetings. Consults with respective department/committee chairs and hospital staff to achieve action-oriented outcomes assuring that problems identified are either acted upon or appropriately referred. Demonstrates excellent communication and negotiation skill in preparation of agenda and participation in meetings. Records conclusions and recommendations succinctly and accurately to substantiate actions taken. Maintains confidentiality of peer review discussions and other sensitive matters in order to promote medical staff confidence
- Monitors and revises credentialing and privileging forms as needed. Researches competency criteria and advises the appropriate medical staff section chiefs and department chairs. Ensures maintenance of medical staff and allied health practitioner files
- Communicates medical staff information to appropriate departments.
- Participates in training and development of department personnel utilizing expertise in one or more areas of medical staff organizational management as appropriate for learning environment.
- Actively participates in regulatory and accreditation surveys. Interacts with surveyors to demonstrate compliance with standards to achieve successful accreditation.
- Demonstrates effective leadership skills and coordination of intra-department activities and inter-department integration. Assures the ongoing development and implementation of policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of services for the Medical Staff and for internal operations.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable