Posting Note: Phoenix Children’s and the Division of Hospital Medicine are seeking pediatric hospitalists interested in careers in academic hospital medicine as we continue to expand our clinical programs and advance our academic endeavors. Our Division, composed of over 50 faculty across two sites, nurture a variety of clinical, educational, quality improvement and research interests. Current recruitment efforts are focused on filling a hospitalist position at both our Phoenix Children’s - Main Campus and our community site, Phoenix Children’s – Mercy Gilbert. Phoenix Children’s – Main Campus is a freestanding children’s hospital with a level 1 trauma center and comprehensive subspecialty care. There are many opportunities to take part in research, quality improvement and educational endeavors. We host an established, ACGME accredited 2-year pediatric hospitalist fellowship program with a total of 6 fellows and play an integral role in medical education for Phoenix Children’s large pediatric residency program. Our faculty also hold academic appointments at the University of Arizona, Creighton University and Mayo Clinic School of Medicine. Phoenix Children’s – Mercy Gilbert is a freestanding Women & Children’s center in the East Valley opening in Summer 2023. This site will have a 24-bed unit with both a PICU and Pediatric Emergency Department, as well as comprehensive subspecialty support and 24/7 in-house coverage by hospitalists and intensive care providers. Newborn care is also provided in partnership with Dignity Health Mercy Gilbert Medical Center (no delivery attendance or NICU coverage required). Teaching opportunities of medical students, residents, and hospitalist fellows will also be available. We are looking for committed clinicians, leaders, scholars, and educators to join our dynamic Division of Hospital Medicine. Opportunities for career advancement are outstanding. Ideal candidates for these positions include experienced Hospitalists and fellowship graduates. We offer competitive salary, benefits, vacation, and CME. All candidates must be general pediatric board eligible/certified. Phoenix is the 5th largest city in the U.S. with over 300 days of sunshine!
The staff physician shall provide patient care services and will support the PCH mission of providing hope, healing and the best health care for children and their families.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Patient Care Services
- 1)Provide patient care services for which he/she is clinically privileged, including but not limited to:
- a)Provide direct patient care services on an inpatient and outpatient basis
- b)Provide subspecialty consultations and follow-up.
- c)Provide diagnostic and therapeutic services/procedures
- d)Provide these services for urgent/ emergent care as necessary
- 2)Strive to achieve the best patient and family centered care
- 3)Support Hospital’s patient satisfaction goals as well as division’s specific targets
- 4)Support and adhere to divisional patient safety and quality of care standards
- 5)Practices Contemporary Evidence based medicine or latest experience based medicine
- 1)Establish and demonstrate effort to achieve annual physician goals and objectives (e.g. individual, division, hospital)
- 2)Support the medical education programs and activities of the Division, including but not limited to:
- a)Provide direct supervision of trainees and allied health care professionals for the delivery of inpatient and outpatient services when applicable
- b)Conduct teaching rounds, lectures and conference for trainees
- c)Participate in the teaching and supervision of trainees and allied health care professionals assigned to the division
- d)Participate in the postgraduate continuing educational activities of the division
- 3)Support the research endeavors of the division including the research initiatives by other members of the division
- 4)Support programmatic growth of division
- 5)Support satellite efforts of division when appropriate
- 1)Treat colleagues, PCH employees and customers with courtesy, dignity and respect
- 2)Promote safe, cooperative and professional health care environment
- 3)Support PCH mission, vision and values, including family centered care, excellence in clinical care, leadership, collaboration, and accountability
- 1)Physician shall support the Division Chief in his/her role as liaison to the professional community and general public as requested by the Division Chief
- 2)Physician may conduct teaching rounds or conferences outside of PCH, particularly if these activities support divisional clinical and teaching programs/ initiatives.
- 3)Physician shall represent PCH in the medical and business communities and before the general public in a professional manner
- 4)The following physical and mental skills are essential to the physician’s ability to successfully perform the foregoing duties and responsibilities:
- a)The ability to communicate by telephone, computer or other communication devices
- b)The ability to perform after hours or night call responsibilities as needed
- c)The ability to work regularly scheduled work hours
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.