Pediatric Hematologist Oncologist Neuro-OncologyApply!
Raye Jean Becker
Raye Jean Becker
Posting Note: The Division of Pediatric Hematology, Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplant at Phoenix Children’s seeks a full time, board-certified or board-eligible pediatric hematologist/oncologist to join our vibrant and growing division as an attending physician in the Neuro-Oncology Section. Responsibilities include clinical care, teaching, and participation in clinical or clinical-translational research. The candidate will be an integral and interactive member of our division and the section of Neuro-Oncology. While the clinical and academic focus of physicians in this section is mostly on CNS tumors, our providers also care for patients with liquid tumors and occasionally benign blood disorders in the inpatient setting. Our physicians oversee and staff pediatric residents and fellows in the inpatient and outpatient settings and actively participate in clinical instruction of medical students and other learners. Our staff members are actively involved in clinical and laboratory research and educational projects. Academic appointments are through the University of Arizona-College of Medicine Phoenix, Mayo Clinic Arizona, and Creighton University. About Our Center and Neuro-Oncology Section: The Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders (CCBD) at Phoenix Children’s Hospital is a major referral center for children with cancer in the Southwest region, and we see an average of 370 new oncology patients per year. We have active clinical and laboratory research programs in oncology, neuro-oncology, survivorship, hemophilia, and phase I/phase II investigational drug development. CCBD is an active member of COG, POETIC, TACL, Histiocyte Society and NACHO, offering consortia trials, phase I and II industry-sponsored studies and investigator-initiated trials. Our ACGME approved fellowship program in pediatric hematology/oncology is approved for 3 fellows/year. We also offer a one-year specialty fellowship in Bone Marrow Transplant. The Neuro-Oncology Section sees approximately 90 new patients annually. Our physicians work closely with neuro-surgeons in the Barrow Neurological Institute and radiation oncologists at Mayo Clinic Arizona. Our Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation department provides comprehensive, multidisciplinary in and outpatient care for patients suffering from brain tumor-related sequelae. We have a dedicated pediatric neuropathologist with expertise in molecular methods. We collaborate on research initiatives with investigators at the University of Arizona and TGen. We host a weekly multidisciplinary tumor board focused on management of children with newly diagnosed and relapsed CNS tumors.
The staff physician shall provide patient care services and will support the PCH mission of providing hope, healing and the best health care for children and their families.
Patient Care Services
- 1)Provide patient care services for which he/she is clinically privileged, including but not limited to:
- a)Provide direct patient care services on an inpatient and outpatient basis
- b)Provide subspecialty consultations and follow-up.
- c)Provide diagnostic and therapeutic services/procedures
- d)Provide these services for urgent/ emergent care as necessary
- 2)Strive to achieve the best patient and family centered care
- 3)Support Hospital’s patient satisfaction goals as well as division’s specific targets
- 4)Support and adhere to divisional patient safety and quality of care standards
- 5)Practices Contemporary Evidence based medicine or latest experience based medicine
- 1)Establish and demonstrate effort to achieve annual physician goals and objectives (e.g. individual, division, hospital)
- 2)Support the medical education programs and activities of the Division, including but not limited to:
- a)Provide direct supervision of trainees and allied health care professionals for the delivery of inpatient and outpatient services when applicable
- b)Conduct teaching rounds, lectures and conference for trainees
- c)Participate in the teaching and supervision of trainees and allied health care professionals assigned to the division
- d)Participate in the postgraduate continuing educational activities of the division
- 3)Support the research endeavors of the division including the research initiatives by other members of the division
- 4)Support programmatic growth of division
- 5)Support satellite efforts of division when appropriate
- 1)Treat colleagues, PCH employees and customers with courtesy, dignity and respect
- 2)Promote safe, cooperative and professional health care environment
- 3)Support PCH mission, vision and values, including family centered care, excellence in clinical care, leadership, collaboration, and accountability
- 1)Physician shall support the Division Chief in his/her role as liaison to the professional community and general public as requested by the Division Chief
- 2)Physician may conduct teaching rounds or conferences outside of PCH, particularly if these activities support divisional clinical and teaching programs/ initiatives.
- 3)Physician shall represent PCH in the medical and business communities and before the general public in a professional manner
- 4)The following physical and mental skills are essential to the physician’s ability to successfully perform the foregoing duties and responsibilities:
- a)The ability to communicate by telephone, computer or other communication devices
- b)The ability to perform after hours or night call responsibilities as needed
- c)The ability to work regularly scheduled work hours
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable