Posting Note: *This is a PRN (as needed) position*
This position provides American Sign Language (ASL) interpreting services for deaf and hard of hearing patients and families in a wide variety of hospital and outpatient clinical settings and English interpretation of ASL for medical providers, and other hospital/clinic support staff.
- Concurrently performs English to ASL and ASL to English interpretation of patient care needs between patient, family and health care team members to ensure understanding of needs, issues, and/or concerns.
- Provides accurate and timely documentation of interpretation activities in the medical record.
- Enters encounters into Language Services data base.
Provides recommendations to health care team on how best to improve communication needs of patient and/or family.
- Assists with providing for the deaf and hard of hearing patient/family communication needs, including assessing and adjusting lighting, seating arrangements and access to visual aides or recommending additional communication resources like a certified deaf interpreter (CDI).
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable