Posting Note: Phoenix Children’s Hospital is seeking a pediatric psychologist specializing in consultation-liaison to join the professional staff of the Division of Psychology. The ideal candidate must have well-rounded experience in pediatric psychology and strong consultation-liaison skills. The candidate must be able to support the programmatic growth of psychology within Phoenix Children’s Hospital’s inpatient medical areas, as well as our Emergency Department and develop/maintain effective working relationships. As the premier children’s hospital within the fifth largest city in the country, Phoenix Children’s Hospital offers a diverse set of clinical experiences and we seek to recruit and retain talent with demonstrated skill in delivering compassionate, equitable care to everyone we serve. An unwavering commitment to clinical excellence, inclusion, and respect for diversity is vital. The Pediatric Psychologist will become a member of the Phoenix Children’s Medical Group and will report to the Division Chief of Psychology. The candidate must be board-certified or board-eligible in Pediatric Psychology and will join a growing team of 18 Psychologists. Professionalism, leadership, interpersonal communication skills, and adaptability are essential. Active involvement in our psychology internship and fellowship programs is expected, as is participation in the education of medical learners. We encourage faculty to join our mentorship program, both as mentors and mentees. Academic appointments are strongly encouraged through our relationships with University of Arizona-Phoenix College of Medicine, Creighton University School of Medicine, and Mayo School of Medicine. Lastly, the ideal candidate will be an accomplished pediatric psychologist with a track record of excellence in assessment, intervention, teaching, and scholarship.
The Staff Psychologist shall provide patient care services and will support the PCH mission of providing hope, healing and the best health care for children and their families.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Patient Care Services
- Provide patient care services for which he/she is clinically privileged, including but not limited to:
- a)Provide direct patient care services on an inpatient and outpatient basis.
- b)Provide subspecialty consultations and follow-up.
- c)Provide diagnostic and therapeutic services/procedures.
- d)Provide these services for urgent/ emergent care as necessary.
- Strive to achieve the best patient and family centered care.
- Support Hospital’s patient satisfaction goals as well as division’s specific targets.
- Support and adhere to divisional patient safety and quality of care standards.
- Practices Contemporary Evidence based medicine or latest experience based medicine.
- Establish and demonstrate effort to achieve annual goals and objectives (e.g. individual, division, hospital).
- Support the medical education programs and activities of the Division, including but not limited to:
- a)Provide direct supervision of trainees and allied health care professionals for the delivery of inpatient and outpatient services when applicable.
- b)Conduct teaching rounds, lectures and conference for trainees.
- c)Participate in the teaching and supervision of trainees and allied health care professionals assigned to the division.
- d)Participate in the postgraduate continuing educational activities of the division.
- Support the research endeavors of the division including the research initiatives by other members of the division.
- Support programmatic growth of division.
- Support satellite efforts of division when appropriate.
- Treat colleagues, PCH employees and customers with courtesy, dignity and respect.
- Promote safe, cooperative and professional health care environment.
- Support PCH mission, vision and values, including family centered care, excellence in clinical care, leadership, collaboration, and accountability.
- Psychologist shall support the Division Chief in his/her role as liaison to the professional community and general public as requested by the Division Chief.
- Psychologist may conduct teaching rounds or conferences outside of PCH, particularly if these activities support divisional clinical and teaching programs/ initiatives.
- Psychologist shall represent PCH in the medical and business communities and before the general public in a professional manner.
- The following physical and mental skills are essential to the psychologist’s ability to successfully perform the foregoing duties and responsibilities:
- a)The ability to communicate by telephone, computer or other communication devices.
- b)The ability to perform after hours or night call responsibilities as needed.
- c)The ability to work regularly scheduled work hours.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.