Posting Note: The Donor Relations Specialist is responsible for the management of engagement programs and comprehensive, individualized engagement and stewardship plans for corporate donors, targeted groups and potential donors. In collaboration with gift officers, decision support and donor relations staff, the Specialist will lead the coordination, and implementation of a thoughtful and creative stewardship program responsive to the needs of frontline fundraisers, donors, and prospects from the point of initial acknowledgement through the lifecycle of the funds. The ideal candidate has several years of demonstrated success managing a stewardship program; is an exceptional listener, writer and editor; has superlative attention to detail; is comfortable managing multiple priorities and deadlines; and thrives in a creative, collaborative environment. Principal Duties & Responsibilities Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following: Engagement and Stewardship - planning, execution and strategic evaluation of donor and stakeholder engagement and stewardship plans. The Donor Relations Specialist is responsible for managing a division-wide, comprehensive engagement, stewardship and donor relations system that appropriately and consistently promotes meaningful interaction with and recognition of corporate donors at all levels. Proactively supports the stewardship efforts of the gift officers by assisting them in establishing and coordinating individualized donor action plans for corporate donors with whom they work. Identifies and recommends best practices being developed at top institutions and applies these to leverage stewardship opportunities that enhance the donor experience and build new avenues of engagement. Must be able to think strategically and develop creative methods for stewarding donors in order to maintain and advance high-quality, long-term relationships. This position must maintain focus on larger organizational goals and align programs, donor initiatives and activities accordingly. Works in close partnership with the Vice President of Foundation Operations and Director of Donor of Engagement and Program Initiatives on accomplishing departmental and individual goals and metrics. Assist with acknowledging, tracking, recognizing, and reporting to corporate donors that are consistent across all levels of philanthropy. Develops and gathers content across the department and the hospital that are essential for a comprehensive stewardship program. Assist in managing a systematic and integrated donor relations program that encompasses recognition and stewardship events, giving societies, chair and naming celebrations, giving summaries, volunteer engagement and philanthropy impact reporting. Leads with a collaborative approach, works in partnership with the corporate business unit and is an effective advocate for fostering a culture of stewardship that permeates all Foundation activities. The ideal candidate has several years with demonstrated success managing a division-wide, comprehensive stewardship program and donor relations system that consistently promotes interaction with and recognition of donors at all levels.
Working in close collaboration with leadership, the Sr Specialist develops and implements all aspects of multiple programs that align with hospital’s mission and support the Foundation’s goals. Working independently, the Sr Specialist may be in charge of overseeing program/project execution that could include staffing, volunteers, budget and fundraising goals from start to finish. This position may also be responsible for special events that publicize the organization and its programs to the community. Position may have direct and/or indirect oversight of lower-level staff members and/or volunteers.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Manage Budgets: Creates and analyzes budgets for each program in order to minimize unnecessary expenditures, including complex budgetary planning and forecasting.
- Allocate Resources: Allocates a specific amount of resources for each program while avoiding the depletion of resources as well as the degradation of quality.
- Program Development: Provides leadership and/or oversight in the development of fully-fledged programs complete with policies, procedures and techniques.
- Staff Oversight: Responsible for training, assisting and collaborating with staff members who are involved in one or more programs. Indirect and/or direct supervision must facilitate communication, aid organization, coordinate objectives and ensure that standards are met.
- Process Documentation: Manages the tracking of deliverables, monitoring progress and translating data towards future growth projections.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.