Posting Note: *Evening shift Exempt**This position supports the PICU and CVICU units on our Main Campus. Looking to hire an experienced RN leader. This is a direct patient care role. This person will work alongside the bedside nurses. Must be a clinical expert with a good base of knowledge in Improving best practice, plan of care and evidence based practices. Must have national nursing certification and advanced degree or in program at time of applying.
The Clinical Nurse Attending is a leadership position focused on the clinical management of patients. The Clinical Nurse Attending prepares highly skilled nurses focused on improving quality and safety outcomes for patients or patient populations. The Clinical Nurse Attending assumes accountability for patient-care outcomes through the translation of evidence-based information to design, implement, and evaluate patient-care processes and models of care delivery.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Facilitates nursing interventions based on risk anticipation and other evidence to improve healthcare outcomes.
- Assists with change initiatives to decrease or eliminate discrepancies between actual practices and identified standards of care.
- Assesses actual and anticipated health risk discrepancies in the individualized plan of care.
- Utilizes best available evidence to facilitate practice change that results in improving quality, safety and fiscally responsible outcomes.
- Utilizes performance tools (e.g., health care dashboards, reports, etc.) to access patient statistics in real-time and apply evidence-based interventions to improve patient care and promote positive outcomes.
- Coaches, delegates, and supports healthcare team members in the performance of nursing procedures and processes with a focus on safety and competence.
- Mentors and coaches new and experienced nurses and other members of the healthcare team.
Quality Improvement and Safety
- Evaluates patient handoffs and transitions of care to improve outcomes.
- Communicates to the interprofessional healthcare team, patients, and caregivers current quality and safety guidelines and nurse sensitive indicators (HAI bundles, safety elements, etc.).
- Functions as part of an interprofessional team by communicating, planning, and implementing care directly with other healthcare professionals, including physicians, pharmacists, social workers, clinical nurse specialists and nurse practitioners.
- Promotes a culture of safety using high reliability principles.
Information Technology and Data
- Collects and utilizes data to generate evidence for nursing practice.
- Provides input in the design of data and data resources that generate meaningful evidence for clinical practice.
- Interprets patterns and trends in data to evaluate outcomes of care and compare to other recognized benchmarks.
- Uses performance measures and information technology to assess and improve the delivery of evidence-based practices.
Organizational and Systems Leadership
- Collaborates within the healthcare team to focus on the delivery of patient-centered care.
- Collaborates with healthcare professionals, including physicians, advanced practice nurses, nurse managers and others, to plan, implement and evaluate improvement opportunities.
- Participates in a shared leadership model to make recommendations for improvements in care delivery.
Collaboration and Communication
- Demonstrates a leadership role in enhancing group dynamics and managing group conflicts.
- Demonstrates professional and effective communication skills, including verbal, non-verbal, written, and virtual abilities.
- Facilitates the integration of healthcare services across the continuum of care with the overall objective of influencing, achieving and sustaining high quality care.
- Facilitates collaborative, interprofessional approaches and strategies in the coordination, and evaluation of patient-centered care.
- Facilitates transitions across care settings to support patients and families to improve care outcomes.
- Advocates for patients within the healthcare delivery system to effect quality, safe, and value-based outcomes.
- Engages in partnerships at multiple levels of the health system to ensure effective coordination, delivery, and evaluation of clinical prevention and health promotion interventions and services across care environments.
- Implements strategies for encouraging a culture of inquiry within the healthcare delivery team.
- Disseminates changes in practice and improvements to internal and external audiences.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.