This position provides experienced accounting performance of pre-assigned tasks as assigned by financial management; uses professional knowledge and experience to create, with reasonable independence subject to ongoing review, the entries and/or reports needed to account for transactions of the PCH organization.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Prepares and/or reviews various journal entries in the monthly closing process to effect an orderly and appropriate monthly close
- Serves in lead accounting role within a segment of the department, such as foundation accounting, fixed assets or revenue accounting. As the lead accountant, this position is recognized as an area expert and interacts with people within PCH and external to PCH in developing proper accounting treatment for a given transaction.
- Manages assigned G/L accounts and is responsible for reconciliations of accounts in accordance with the department practices for reconciliations.
- Oversees appropriate supporting accountants as needed by the department for an assigned area and provides guidance and review of daily work to such supporting accountants.
- Maintains all accounting records within their assigned areas in strict accordance with generally accepting accounting principles as interpreted by PCH senior financial managment.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.