Foundation Programs Director
Posting Note: Looking to be a part of something special? A place to engage and have your creative director experience be put to good use in a nonprofit environment? Look no more! We are seeking a talented, artistic, creative leader to join the growing Marketing and Communications Team within the Phoenix Children’s Foundation. Here we are driven to share the great work that our health care workers do to help children and their families every day, and to do that we need a stellar creative team lead to support and advance the development and delivery of high-quality thoughtful designs and content that engage our constituents. The person in this role will need to make high-level creative decisions – decisions that will impact the creation of assets that support foundation events, campaigns and programs. Versatility in leading multi-media creative is important, as this person will be responsible for overseeing the design layout and visual impact of marketing materials and will lead a highly capable team of creative professionals. Our creative director meets with senior leadership and strategists to determine visual needs, coordinating with freelance professionals and a variety of external partners to complete projects. Comfortability and finesse in presenting project information, including deadlines and budgets, concepts and designs, and recruiting and training teammates are among the responsibilities. The best candidate for this role will bring a mix of art directing, senior design experience, and team leadership to the position, who considers target audiences and partner relationships when directing and executing creative. We’re looking for an experienced manager of people, someone that can inspire others, while actively managing workloads and priorities, resource allocation and creative operations (process, tools, people). The ideal candidate will have a natural eye for design, be a designer themselves, have a keen sense of packaging copy and design to inspire dynamic ideas that connect with all types of audiences on all channels, and can lead and work alongside writers, designers, videographers, photographers, and other creative talent. Seeking an innovative and dynamic leader, who enjoys being a part of cross-functional teams and building on a solid brand identity to make a real difference.
Working in close collaboration and reporting to the Vice President (VP), the Foundation Programs Director designs and executes on a comprehensive program development strategy for the Phoenix Children’s Hospital Foundation. The Programs Director oversees and executes on both capital campaigns and ongoing fundraising efforts as well as serving and executing on specific program development goals and strategies.
- Regularly reports and documents activities and results against target to achieve/exceed performance metrics.
- Implements a professional development program to address employee experience and skill gaps.
- Works with staff to develop objective performance measurements for identified program, to ensure consistent, high-quality evaluation and goal setting for all employees.
- Instills a sense of accountability among team members by modeling tight oversight of individual and organizational performance standards.
Inform and Coach Development Team:
- Works with the VP and senior leadership team to inform the Development Team on program strategies and goals.
- Develops and implements strategies that will maximize the synergies among program areas. Actively executes on fundraising expectations and goals.
Communicate and Train:
- Trains and mentors Development Staff and communicates fundraising goals and progress throughout the organization.
- Works collaboratively and positively with colleagues to maximize program goals and giving potential.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable