Posting Note: This Guest Services Associate position is primarily an evening shift ending at 8pm. The Department is open 24/7 365 days and also supports a 24 hour location in the Emergency Department. Other guest services locations include main surgery and the lobby entrances where you will be cross trained for growth and potential advancement. We are looking for someone with 2 years of experience in a high volume customer service location working directly with customers. The ability to operate multiple applications and toggle between them quickly is important in this multi-tasking role while following procedures and processes. A positive attitude and commitment to a positive patient/family/guest experience is tantamount to success.
The Guest Services Associate assists patient families and visitors by offering detailed, tailored information for an exceptional patient experience. With their service expertise and extensive knowledge of Phoenix Children`s and the Phoenix area, Guest Services Associates ensure that patient family and visitor experiences exceed their expectations. This position connects guests with appointments, services in clinical and non-clinical areas and visitation while adhering to access policies and processes and providing navigational assistance to destinations. Coordinates services for patients requiring special needs accommodations for positive clinical outcomes. Responsible for effectively organizing, assembling and arranging resources to address patient family and visitor inquiries.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Utilizing multiple systems and tools the Guest Services Associate connects all patient families and visitors with clinical appointments, surgical procedures, imaging services, specialty testing, registration locations, patient visitation, emergency services, professional meetings and events while adhering to the safety and security policies and procedures for the hospital.
- a.Confirms purpose of visitors using appropriate software, PC programs, approved access communications, shared event calendars and phone confirmations at entrances to the main hospital.
- b.Implements Infection Control screening tools.
- c.Manages check in procedures regarding access for couriers, vendors, process services and surveyors.
- d.Communicates clear and accurate directions using way finding tools and volunteer escorts.
- e.Educates patient families and visitors on access restrictions, processes for access and registration.
- f.Interfaces with and supports the surgical team as a patient family liaison in the surgery waiting area, if applicable.
- g.If applicable, is the first point of contact in the Emergency department for patients and visitors. Checks in patients for treatment, confirms and connects visitors for approved visitation.
- h.If applicable, accurately documents information in the appropriate fields and account notes to create the patient account in the Emergency department.
- i.Accepts cash and toy donations for the Child Life and Foundation departments and deliveries for patients and staff following processes for prompt delivery.
Provides customer service expertise and is responsible for extensive knowledge of the organization and the Phoenix area.
- a.Coordinates and implements services for patient families to assist them with special needs they may have within a structured Guest Services Special Needs Accommodations program while using the hospital to ensure positive clinical outcomes.
- b.Responds to patient family requests through multiple communication sources and coordinates with appropriate departments to fulfill the needs of the patient.
- c.Utilizes a customer relationship/resource/request management tool.
- d.Communicates professionally within all pathways of service relaying confidence and credibility.
- e.Organizes, assembles and arranges resources and amenities inside and outside of the hospital including lodging, transportation, dining, tourism and personal or business resources to address patient family and visitor inquiries and requests in line with a concierge role.
- f.Works collaboratively in a team environment and independently.
- g.Focuses on customer service demonstrating a high level of emotional intelligence while handling multiple demands.
- h.Acts as an ambassador for the organization by relaying a positive public relations impression.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.