This position is responsible for coordinating quality management efforts including development, implementation, data collection, analysis and education relating to healthcare quality improvement. The manager collaborates with the Medical Director for Clinical Transformation to ensure Barrow Neurological Institute at Phoenix Children’s Hospital achieves its strategic agenda for quality, outcomes and innovations.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Assists Medical Director in planning, designing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive continuous quality improvement (QI) program.
- Focuses on rapid organizational transformation, develops a culture of continuous improvement and excellence, promotes standardization, efficiency, efficacy and safety across the institute.
- Champions a data drive environment. Coordinates the capture of data and analyzes clinical information from a variety of internal and external sources relating to patient safety, utilization of resources, system problems, and other quality functions.
- Oversees the execution of identified transformation roadmaps and engages key stakeholders to enable adoption and implementation of identified transformational changes.
- Supports institute statistical data analysis by providing meaningful statistics that describes the day to day operations of the unit, evaluates variance, and identifies strengths and opportunities for clinical outcomes improvement.
- Coordinate the effort to gather data and prepare reports to meet the requirements of regulatory/accrediting agencies, USNWR, and patient and physician satisfaction.
- Utilizes and/or develops valid internal and external standards to measure quality.
- Reports data from quality initiatives to appropriate individuals, departments and committees through interpretive presentations, automated electronic reports, and/or publications.
- Helps to prepare annual BNI QI report.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.