Posting Note: “This is an exciting new Urgent Care location that is located inside the New Bell Bank Park in southeast Mesa. Located near Ellsworth and Pecos Roads, Phoenix Children’s – Bell Bank Park will open in mid- 2022 and will provide comprehensive urgent care services for minor medical conditions, like influenza, allergies, wound care, bug bites, burns and fractures. Infants, children and teens – including athletes at Bell Bank Park who need medical attention – can access urgent care from 5 to 11 p.m. on weekdays and from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. on weekends. News Release: Phoenix Children's Becomes Founding Partner and Official Healthcare Provider at New Bell Bank Park | Phoenix Children's Hospital (phoenixchildrens.org) We are actively recruiting now to hire and train for an estimated opening of June 2022. Come join our team! “
This position works under the direction and is supervised by a Clinical Nurse to perform a variety of direct patient care services to assist in the implementation of selected portions of the care plan in accordance with the regulations established by the Arizona Emergency Medical Services laws.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- As directed and supervised by healthcare professional, collects and records a variety of routine patient data to ensure ongoing accuracy of patient chart.
- As directed and supervised by healthcare professional, performs a variety of basic patient care activities including, but not limited to, assist in applying splints, casts, and other orthopedic devices and performing CPR during cardiac arrest management to provide for optimal comfort and safety of the patient.
- Assembles patient charts for new admissions and enters admission orders and demographic data as needed to provide for timely and complete patient record for efficient patient care and financial processes.
- Identifies and reports unusual findings or observations, clinical symptoms, behaviors, and treatment administered to appropriate healthcare professional to ensure timely and effective intervention.
- Maintains inventory levels of stock items, supplies, and equipment to provide for efficient and cost effective unit operation.
- Obtains blood specimens by physician order or per protocol following hospital and/or clinical lab guidelines; assists in delivering lab specimens as requested.
- Participates in a variety of in-service programs, meetings, conferences, and daily care rounds to maintain understanding of care plan changes, issues, and expectations.
- Performs a variety of activities to provide for the ongoing maintenance of the unit's environment.
- Provides orientation to the unit and hospital systems and processes to patients and family members to ensure familiarity with unit's policies and requirements.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.