Care Navigator-Complex Care
Posting Note: This position is available to start in October 2022.
Care coordination is the deliberate organization of patient care activities to facilitate the appropriate delivery of health care services. This position works under the direction of a licensed health care professional and performs a variety of administrative duties in order help pediatric patients and families receive efficient, effective and customer-service focused navigation of the healthcare system. May be cross-trained on Care Management Resource Coordinator duties to provide coverage support to the Phoenix Children’s Hospital inpatient care management team.
Care Management Support
- a) Verifies insurance eligibility as needed and performs validation checks to ensure accurate contact information.
- b) Verifies demographic information for the purposes of coordinating communication.
- c) Meets with patients/caregivers at the bedside, completes general sections of the Complex Care (CC) Patient Summary [or other available documentation tool], and coordinates time with the family for completion of Patient Summary with the CC APP.
- d) Executes administrative portions of inpatient care coordination under the direction of the Complex Care APP and/or Medical Director and in cooperation with the inpatient care management team.
- e) Activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Providing patient education or resources, communicating patient/caregiver needs or barriers to inpatient care management team, facilitating phone/fax/email communication as indicated to expedite tasks, re-scheduling or coordinating follow-up appointments to attempt trip reduction for family, verifying readiness of prescribed medications at outpatient pharmacy, and communicating discharge readiness with family and bedside nurse.
- f) Logs all encounters with and about patients in the Care Coordination Management Tool (CCMT) or other available tool.
- g) Escalates barriers to implementing the care plan to the CC APP and inpatient care management team.
- h) Provides post-discharge hand-over communication to PCCN Complex Care Management team regarding ongoing case management needs.
Program and Population Support
- a) Manages data collection and entry.
- b) Maintains databases.
- c) Coordinates new patient referrals.
- d) Assists with marketing program services and recruitment.
- e) Assists with recruitment and on boarding of new team members.
- f) Assists with administration of survey tools to patients/families, providers, and care management associates.
- a) Communicates clearly in both written and verbal communications with all internal and external customers.
- b) Provides excellent service routinely in interactions with all internal and external customers.
- c) Responds to email within 24 hours or one business day.
- Participates in a variety of educational programs to maintain current skills and competency levels.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable