IONM Specialist II
The Intraoperative Neuromonitoring (IONM) Specialist II is an advanced position for intraoperative neuromonitoring. An IONM Specialist II has a Certification in Neurophysiologic Intraoperative Monitoring (CNIM). The IONM Specialist II performs IONM procedures appropriate to their competence, and credentials, including test setup, electrode application, maintaining patient safety, and other related duties. In addition IONM Specialist II has proven competence in the performance of routine single and multi-modality IONM for routine and complex surgical procedures. The IONM Specialist II provides findings, results, and a descriptive analysis. Strong, well-developed communication skills and teamwork are essential for this position
- Performs intraoperative procedures including, but not limited to, somatosensory evoked potentials (SSEP), brainstem auditory evoked potentials (BAEP), Triggered and free run electromyography and cranial nerve monitoring, trans-cranial motor evoked potentials (TcMEP), electrocorticography and electroencephalography.
- Performs Neurodiagnostic procedures including, but not limited to, electroencephalography, evoked potentials, and long-term video EEG.
- Maintains continuing education and competencies.
- Participates in tutoring, demonstrating, and mentoring other Neurodiagnostic staff members and Neurodiagnostic students.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable