Posting Note: EAST VALLEY Surgery Center!!! Great location for those in the Mesa, Chandler Gilbert area!!! This position is only 32 hours a week for the Pre OP/PACU unit. This surgery center specializes in the care of patients in the Post Anesthesia Care Unit who have had minor surgery or procedures requiring sedation. Responsibilities include on-going monitoring, evaluation, and continued reassessments during the immediate postoperative phase. In Post-op, the position will require teaching and discharge instructions with the patient and parents prior to discharge. Previous PACU/Pre-op experience preferred. ICU or ED experience required. Sign on bonus for those candidates who meet the requirements, and will be discussed with recruiter at the time of interview
This position, in collaboration with the healthcare team, patient, and family, coordinates and promotes patient health utilizing evidence-based practice in the delivery of professional nursing care across the care continuum. This position advocates for the patient and family adhering to nursing and medical plans of care, regulatory standards, and organizational values.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Utilizes multiple platforms to complete a nursing assessment of patients and their families consistent with age and condition, including physical, psychological, social, developmental, and educational factors. Synthesizes and analyzes data to determine nursing diagnoses, prioritize needs, and develop a nursing plan of care.
- Implements plans of care in accordance with regulatory and organizational policies, procedures, and guidelines. Provides health education related to health promotion and the management of acute and chronic health conditions including skills required to maintain and restore health. Coordinates care and manages care transitions within the organization and the community, working collaboratively with the healthcare team, patient, and family to promote positive outcomes and prevent complications. Advocates for patients and families, offering support and guidance related to navigating ambulatory services and processes, resource management, and community-based services. Partners with patients and families to establish realistic goals and expectations.
- Continually evaluates patient understanding and response to the plan of care. Shares observations and assessment outcomes with healthcare team, patient, and family to ensure timely communication and understanding of health status, progress, and ongoing needs. Modifies nursing diagnoses and plan of care based on re-evaluation. Documents in the medical record.
- Facilitates the delivery of safe patient care, monitoring quality and regulatory indicators, and working with leaders to identify process improvement opportunities. Supervises patient care activities of assigned team members and delegates activities appropriate to knowledge, skill, and competency. Provides timely feedback and review of care delivery to ensure maintenance of patient safety, infection control procedures, therapeutic environment, and team members performance level, maintaining confidentiality as appropriate.
- Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing required activities within establish parameters to ensure compliance with all applicable medication, storage, and documentation standards, regulations, and requirement.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.