Posting Note: The Division of Hematology/Oncology at Phoenix Children’s seeks a full time, board eligible/certified pediatric hematologist/oncologist to join the Liquid Tumor Section. The Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders has 22 faculty, 8 fellows and 13 advanced practice providers. We are seeking a qualified candidate with experience and interest in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with hematologic malignancies, who also has interest in the design and conduct of early phase clinical trials. Responsibilities will include excellence in clinical care, teaching, and participation in clinical and translational research. The candidate will be an integral and interactive member of the Division of Hematology/Oncology/BMT in the Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders and will participate in inpatient and outpatient management of oncology patients. Our Center is the major referral center for children with cancer in the Southwestern region and we see approximately 375 new patients with hematologic malignancies per year. The pediatric leukemia and lymphoma section works closely with other clinicians at Phoenix Children’s , research laboratories at the University of Arizona, as well as our integrated team of hematology/oncology providers. The Leukemia section works closely with our BMT group, which performed over 40 transplants in the past year. We host a weekly multidisciplinary pediatric hematologic malignancy tumor board and are establishing a Precision Oncology Program for pediatric oncology patients. The ideal candidate can participate in the design and initiation of this and other programs. The successful candidate must be board eligible/certified in pediatric hematology-oncology and have had fellowship training in pediatric hematology/oncology. Applicants should have the ability to work with teams on patient focused, division-centric, and hospital wide initiatives. Academic appointments are through Mayo Clinic Arizona and the University of Arizona-College of Medicine, Phoenix.
The staff physician shall provide patient care services and will support the PCH mission of providing hope, healing and the best health care for children and their families.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Patient Care Services
- 1)Provide patient care services for which he/she is clinically privileged, including but not limited to:
- a)Provide direct patient care services on an inpatient and outpatient basis
- b)Provide subspecialty consultations and follow-up.
- c)Provide diagnostic and therapeutic services/procedures
- d)Provide these services for urgent/ emergent care as necessary
- 2)Strive to achieve the best patient and family centered care
- 3)Support Hospital’s patient satisfaction goals as well as division’s specific targets
- 4)Support and adhere to divisional patient safety and quality of care standards
- 5)Practices Contemporary Evidence based medicine or latest experience based medicine
- 1)Establish and demonstrate effort to achieve annual physician goals and objectives (e.g. individual, division, hospital)
- 2)Support the medical education programs and activities of the Division, including but not limited to:
- a)Provide direct supervision of trainees and allied health care professionals for the delivery of inpatient and outpatient services when applicable
- b)Conduct teaching rounds, lectures and conference for trainees
- c)Participate in the teaching and supervision of trainees and allied health care professionals assigned to the division
- d)Participate in the postgraduate continuing educational activities of the division
- 3)Support the research endeavors of the division including the research initiatives by other members of the division
- 4)Support programmatic growth of division
- 5)Support satellite efforts of division when appropriate
- 1)Treat colleagues, PCH employees and customers with courtesy, dignity and respect
- 2)Promote safe, cooperative and professional health care environment
- 3)Support PCH mission, vision and values, including family centered care, excellence in clinical care, leadership, collaboration, and accountability
- 1)Physician shall support the Division Chief in his/her role as liaison to the professional community and general public as requested by the Division Chief
- 2)Physician may conduct teaching rounds or conferences outside of PCH, particularly if these activities support divisional clinical and teaching programs/ initiatives.
- 3)Physician shall represent PCH in the medical and business communities and before the general public in a professional manner
- 4)The following physical and mental skills are essential to the physician’s ability to successfully perform the foregoing duties and responsibilities:
- a)The ability to communicate by telephone, computer or other communication devices
- b)The ability to perform after hours or night call responsibilities as needed
- c)The ability to work regularly scheduled work hours
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.