This position manages the activities and staff of the Distribution/Central Supply, Receiving, and Mail Room/Courier Services departments, maintaining a high standard of productivity and efficiency. The Manager serves as Supply Chain's primary liaison to department managers and leaders regarding the appropriate provision of supplies, equipment, and services in a timely and cost effective manner. Works closely with department leaders and implements or recommends solutions regarding various supply chain related needs. Provides expertise and knowledge in the development and management of inventory replenishment processes for perpetual and PAR inventories as needed. The incumbent has a shared accountability for collaboration with other Supply Chain Management leaders to accomplish supply chain goals, activities, and projects. This position receives direction and support from the Director of Supply Chain Management, or the designated Supply Chain Management leader (Director or Vice President).
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Provide Sound Principles
- Applies sound operating principles to complex inventory system resulting in improved financial performance and operational support and efficiencies.
- Participates in hospital and department operational and quality improvement initiatives; proactively evaluates supply chain systems and practices and implements changes that increase and enhance their effectiveness.
Supervising and Mentoring Staff
- Supervises and evaluates work activities of assigned staff to insure achievement of established goals, objectives, and desired outcomes; provides guidance, mentoring and direction as appropriate for ongoing staff development; performs staff performance evaluations.
Support of Hospital Operations
- Manages daily supply chain operations to ensure optimum support levels to hospital departments while maintaining compliance with all PCH and regulatory requirements.
Department Operations and Budget Performance
- Develops and manages staff work schedules according to budget, and develops strong employee awareness of the continuing need for cost avoidance measures; achieving established financial targets and operational goals.
Policies and Procedures
- Formulates and monitors policies that effectively manage supply chain processes (i.e., Receiving policies, on-site and off-site inventory management policies, and equipment delivery system policies).
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.