This position leads the clinical and operational pharmacy services throughout the Center for Cancer & Blood Disorders (CCBD) & PCH Infusion Centers. This role works collaboratively with CCBD, Infusion Center and other PCH Leaders to promote institutional strategy alignment and standardization throughout all sites of care. This individual supervises staff who work within the inpatient and outpatient environments of the CCBD & Infusion Centers. As a leader within the pharmacy, this role collaborates with other pharmacy leaders to ensure quality, safety and financial goals are consistently met within their respective areas of responsibility. The Manager, Center for Cancer & Blood Disorders & Infusion Center Pharmacy Services reports directly to the Vice President Chief Pharmacy Officer.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Provides leadership and guidance for pharmacy services that support the clinical and operational functions of the CCBD service line and Infusion Centers for the organization.
- Supervises and mentors a team of Clinical Pharmacy Specialists, Clinical Pharmacists and other staff who provide day-to-day clinical and operational support of the CCBD and PCH Infusion Centers.
- In collaboration with other department and organization leaders, develops and executes strategies that align shared goals and promote positive clinical and operational outcomes.
- Proactively communicates patient and departmental needs along with other pertinent information to enhance continuity of patient care.
- Develops and supports departmental data analysis over respective areas of responsibility to produce key performance metrics to promote ongoing financial, compliance, operational and clinical progress.
- Supports the ongoing optimization of departmental and organizational processes in order to facilitate safe, efficient, and innovative practices.
- Promotes quality assurance and medication safety initiatives within all areas of responsibility.
- Maintains competency as a clinical pharmacist to be able to support staffing roles in times of need.
- Within assigned areas of influence, supports ongoing compliance of regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.