The Staffing Coordinator Nurse provides data and support as well as collaborates with nursing leadership to ensure dynamic staffing of nursing units focused on the identification, availability, and assignment of the right staff with the right skills at the right time for the right cost in order to meet the care requirements of the patients. This position requires outstanding organizational, time management, communication, interpersonal, critical thinking, problem solving, and leadership skills.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Daily staffing operations
- Utilizes nursing clinical knowledge and judgement, assesses nursing care needs (as indicated by patient acuity) to ensure appropriate nursing coverage in each care area.
- Monitors staffing levels through existing systems on an ongoing basis to include understanding of number of staff required, scheduled specialty skill needs, and premium resource allocation.
- In conjunction with the House Supervisor, facilitates the adjustment of staffing levels to address flexing staffing needs.
- Utilizes available tools to solicit additional staffing resources as needed.
Tracking of Resource Utilization
- Monitors compliance of staffing levels meeting projected staffing needs to include sitter utilization.
- Tracks floats and cancelations to support decision making when staff reduction is necessary.
- Records and reports use of premium and incentive pay and rationale for approval.
Upkeep of Documentation in Staffing and Scheduling Systems
- Documents/codes all ill calls and other shift modifications in real time to ensure timely, accurate staffing level information is available.
- Addresses last minute schedule requests.
- Ensures all changes to scheduled shifts are updated in a timely manner following the bed meeting.
- Verifies Acuities have been assigned to each patient each shift.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.