Posting Note: CMA or RMA is required
The Lead Medical Assistant performs all duties of the Medical Assistant while functioning as the resource person to non-licensed staff. This position acts as a working lead for the day to day operations of the designated clinic. The lead is a liaison between management and staff and keeps the leadership team apprised of early personnel issues. The daily duties of this position include direction of work flow and patient care under a licensed health care professional. The position drives communication between clinical staff to ensure safety, quality, and overall process compliance. The Lead Medical Assistant reports to the Manager, Ambulatory Business Operations. Additional direction is received from the Clinical Manager, Division Chief, RN's, PA's and/or Physician Leads as appropriate.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Provides floor leadership to assigned clinic(s).
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to appointment & schedule management, daily room oversight, daily staffing assignment, and compliance monitoring to ensure appropriate standards.
- Leads and facilitates daily huddles for effective and efficient clinical and service operations.
Assists with direct patient care.
- This position is a working lead that has the ability to work as a Medical Assistant as needed.
- Communicates effectively to families and co-workers while demonstrating a caring attitude.
- Initiates first-line service recovery when appropriate.
Assists with staff supervision and oversight.
- Continually monitors staff competency and scope of practice and reports observed concerns to clinical or operational manager as appropriate.
- Includes monitoring of policies, procedures, and compliance of diagnostic tests including follow up communication with patients.
- Performs quality audits as directed.
- Facilitates completion of occurrence reports when needed.
Serves as a resource to ensure proper on boarding & training of staff.
- Specific duties include but are not limited to: preceptor course completion, peer leadership training, service excellence & patient flow expectations, and use of tools for reporting (clinic timing, no-show, health information system and occurrence reporting).
Is responsible for successful and effective Interdepartmental and Interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Collaborates daily with other leads, Business Manager, Clinical Manager, RN's, NP's and Physicians as needed to ensure smooth, efficient flow for quality patient care. Daily reporting includes but is not limited to written &/or verbal documentation of concerns/suggestions to include patient data & staffing concerns, through-put issues/suggestions, and supply/equipment inventory/issues to Manager as appropriate.
- Works alongside peers with responsibilities in addition to existing patient care role.
Is responsible for maintaining credentials, certifications, and licensures.
- Participates in conferences and meetings for educational growth.
- Represents the department as a leader (first adopter) on organizational initiatives.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.