Posting Note: As an MA, you will have to be self-directed, comfortable working with a high patient volume and be nimble to change and meet urgent requests at a moment's notice. You will work with a fun and energetic team at the Phoenix location while working more independently at the Gilbert location. Must be willing to work at Main Campus in Phoenix when needed. Must work both at Gilbert and Phoenix locations. Schedule: Monday - Friday Must be able to work between the hours of 7:30 - 6. Requirements: This position requires a Medical Assistant Diploma along with a certification from the American Association of Medical Assistants (CMA) or American Medical Technologists (RMA) OR 5 years of work experience and a Medical Assistant Diploma. Previous pediatric experience with at least 2 years of work experience as a Medical Assistant is preferred. If not certitifed, must be willing to obtain CMA or RMA certification within 90 days of employment.
This position works under the direction of a licensed health care professional and performs various clinical and administrative tasks for the assigned area.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- As directed by a physician, performs or assists with procedures such as electrocardiogram, pulmonary function, suture and staple removal, dressing changes, and others.
- Collects laboratory specimens (including blood specimens), performs point of care testing, and disposes of bio-hazardous materials.
- Demonstrates infection control standards related to hand washing and standard precautions.
- Prepares and administers medications, communicates telephone prescriptions to pharmacies, and processes medication refills as directed by a physician.
- Prepares and instructs patients about examinations, diagnostic tests, medications, special diets, and health maintenance.
- Records and communicates patient related information, including vital signs, growth parameters, medical histories, signs, and symptoms, to the physician or licensed health care provider.
- Removes sutures and changes dressings.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.