This position employs a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures in a particular field of specialization to plan, coordinate, and conduct research. The Clinical Research Associate will work independently in order to ensure the successful completion of study aims. This will include interacting with participants and their families, preparing grant proposals, collecting data, and analyzing and presenting study findings. The successful candidate will also be responsible for administrative and appropriate regulatory support (IRB and other regulatory documents) in accordance with all federal, state, and regulatory agency requirements and specific institutional requirements.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Recruits and/or interviews subjects; explains process and procedures to educate participant regarding research study. Maintains accurate records of subjects and regulatory documentation, as necessary.
- Applies an analytical approach to the solution of a wide variety of problems, or applies specialized techniques or ingenuity in selecting and evaluating approaches to unforeseen or novel problems.
- Collects, analyzes, and interprets data. Prepares statistical and narrative reports and/or graphs as appropriate to the specific position. Conducts literature reviews. Prepares manuscripts for publication. Presents research results to scientific conferences and other groups.
- Demonstrates and applies thorough understanding of scientific methods, research protocols, assessment instruments, and data interpretation.
- Demonstrates understanding of regulations and guidelines (e.g. FDA, ICH GCP) and ensures all research activities are in compliance with appropriate regulations.
- Designs, performs, and/or oversees experiments and data collection to ensure data integrity, quality control, and protocol compliance.
- Prepares grant proposals to obtain funding in support of research activities; prepares materials for submission to granting agencies and foundations.
- Prepares materials for Humans Subjects Committee review.
- Independently performs most research assignments with instructions as to the general results expected. Receives guidance on unusual or complex problems.
- Ensures study activities are completed in compliance with protocol or standard operating procedures and that study staff has appropriate training and certification.
- May lead, guide, and train staff or student employees, interns, and/or volunteers performing related work. May participate in the recruitment of volunteers, as appropriate to the area of operation.
- Plans, coordinates, and conducts scientific research requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard scientific techniques. Serves as principal investigator, as appropriate.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.