Posting Note: Join a world-class organization that’s passionate about serving the needs of children. You have the opportunity to excel in a dynamic, fast-paced, results-driven culture that inspires meaningful relationships eager to make a difference. Lead a high performing team dedicated to delivering exceptional customer service and a memorable donor experience that propels support and loyalty. Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the Director of Donor Relations manages a highly effective Donor Relations team and serves as a key leadership team member and an active participant in making strategic decisions affecting Phoenix Children’s Hospital. The Director of Donor Relations develops, implements, manages and assesses a comprehensive donor relations plan to support the strategic growth of Phoenix Children’s Hospital. The scope of work includes donor relations, stewardship, special events, recognition and related communications.
Reporting to the Vice President of Foundation Operations, the Director of Donor Relations manages a highly effective Donor Relations team and serves as a key leadership team member and an active participant in making strategic decisions affecting Phoenix Children’s Hospital. The Director of Donor Relations develops, implements, manages and assesses a comprehensive donor relations plan to support the strategic growth of Phoenix Children’s Hospital. The scope of work includes donor relations, stewardship, special events, recognition and related communications.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Develops, implements, and leads a successful and integrated donor relations program that strategically targets all levels of giving as defined by the Development team. Ensures donors are acknowledged and recognized to strengthen their financial support for the Hospital.
- Manages the donor relationship strategy to thoughtfully and proactively cultivate relationships with new donors and stewarding current donors in order to maximize donor retention, engagement and investment. Requires clear segmentation and prioritization of donor data that leads to the formulation of clear goals and action plans for how Phoenix Children’s interacts with a given donor segment to achieve desired results.
- Uses key metrics to achieve higher retention rates and donor satisfaction. Tracking metrics to assess the current engagement and activity of donors to determine which efforts have the greatest business impact.
- Works closely with Development staff to demonstrate the impact of philanthropy to donors by arranging meaningful and memorable experiences with funding recipients as appropriate. Acts as a liaison and specialist to the development team in order to provide cultivation and stewardship direction to individual donors and prospects.
- Oversees and directs the development and implementation of strategic communications in multiple mediums in a timely fashion. This will include, but not be limited to, social media sites, annual reporting, e-blasts, endowment reports, gift acknowledgements, web pages, fundraising campaign materials, and press releases.
- With oversight of the Guest Relations program, collaborates with Foundation and Hospital colleagues to present an integrated approach to cultivation and stewardship strategies relevant to patient families to advance the mission of PCH. Assists with educational efforts involving medical staff regarding philanthropy and community engagement.
- Manages any campaign-related kick-offs and celebration events. Ensures special events are communicated to executive leadership, medical staff, officials and invited guests. Creates innovative programs and projects to thank and steward donors; identifying creative and effective mediums to recognize the impact of corporate and individual support.
- Tracks donor relations and stewardship activities in the established databases to enhance relationships and increase the likelihood of continued contributions. Responsible for the review and control of all gift acknowledgments, including receipts, thank you letters, pledge statements and donor reports.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.