This position oversees all phases of supply inventory management at the Hospital and uses historical data, re-order points, re-order point theories, and cycle counting to maintain accurate and appropriate supply levels in central supply and all PAR locations.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Provides data and information as requested for value analysis and product standardization. Attends all department and value analysis meetings as needed.
- Manages re-order points and factor lead time to optimize inventory turns at greater than 15/year. Reviews daily system-generated order and pro-actively avoids stock outs to less than 1%. Manages all inventory measures, including UOM, bins, and issues to minimize excess or slow-moving inventory. Maintains Central Supply organization, layout, and labeling to optimize work flow. Helps the Hospital minimize supply and inventory costs.
- Monitors historical usage patterns to determine correct inventory mix, appropriate levels, and supply layout. Serves as point person for all PAR adds, changes, and deletions. Coordinates communication to clinical staff concerning substitute items, product recalls, product changes, and stock out situations. Reviews department requisitions and order templates for accuracy.
- Organizes daily cycle counts to ensure proper handling procedures are followed. Analyzes adjustments to inventory levels, determines why variances exist, and formulates ongoing plan to avoid future variances. Coordinates annual Physical Inventory and provides variance analysis reports to management.
- Prepares executive summary reports on inventory usage and variances each month. Prepares daily, weekly, and monthly reports as requested for department manager and director. Tracks and reports on STAT call request for departmental review/follow-up.
- Helps replenish, manage and organize all supply rooms and check for expired products. Monitors inventory levels and adjust PAR levels based on Patient usage requirements.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.