The Biostatistics Intern is mentored by a professional PhD Biostatistician to gain statistical consulting experience and develop skills required to provide statistical services for clinical research and quality studies. Specific tasks include literature review, protocol development, sample size calculations, data cleaning, statistical analyses for various data types using the statistical software R, results summary, interpretation of statistical estimates, and contributing to abstract and manuscript writing. The Biostatistics Intern may be included as a co-author on conference presentations and publication.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Performs literature review of clinical studies and statistical methods.
- Contributes to the development of research/quality study protocols, including the development of statistical analyses plans and sample size calculations.
- Imports data from various sources into the software R, and performs data cleaning operations (examine data distributions, apply transformations, define new variables).
- Performs wide range of statistical analyses as needed to address study aims, and appropriate for the data distribution.
- Summarizes statistical results using Tables and Figures, and interpret statistical results in the context of the study aims.
- Writes statistical methods and results sections of Abstracts and manuscripts.
- Meets (in-person or virtually) with study investigators and staff regularly to discuss completed tasks and plan future work.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.