The Clinical Research Intern is responsible for learning the basics of a clinical research trial. The goal of the internship is to introduce the student to the concepts of, the lifecycle of, and the execution of clinical trials in medicine. The Clinical Research Intern carries out needed tasks as part of ongoing and future clinical research projects within the designated department. This position is assigned a mentor and works directly with a research team in all aspects of conducting research. The focus of research is determined by the department and this position functions as a supportive role while learning various aspects of conducting clinical trials.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Assists research team with study start-up and pre-implementation agreement submissions and budget creation.
- Assists research team with IRB and regulatory documentation and submissions. Also aides study team in regulatory binder creation and maintenance.
- Assists research team with subject recruitment, enrollment, and scheduling. Helps to maintain complete and accurate subject records and binders.
- Assists with data extraction, data entry and query resolution.
- Works with study team to obtain, label, process and ship research specimens per protocol requirements.
- Attends study team meetings, monitoring visits with sponsors and other research related training and meetings. This includes a weekly one hour meeting with assigned mentor and mandatory internship meetings.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.