Sr Philanthropy Officer
Posting Note: The Senior Philanthropy Officer will serve a member of the Phoenix Children’s Hospital Foundation Corporate and Foundation Philanthropy Team. The SPO will strategically lead and manage relationships with foundation donors and corporate partners, increasing value and impact for both Phoenix Children’s Hospital and its philanthropic partners. The incoming SPO will identify local, regional, and national corporate and foundation prospects for the purposes of engendering broad engagement with Phoenix Children’s, and to plan and execute solicitation and stewardship strategies at the major and principal gift levels. This position reports to the Vice President, Individual Giving.
Reporting to the Director, Individual Giving, the Sr Philanthropy Officer is a seasoned major gifts fundraiser responsible for securing individual gifts with an emphasis on $100,000 and above. Success is achieved by building long term donor partnerships and demonstrating that all levels of philanthropic support are leveraged to realize maximum impact for Phoenix Children’s mission. The ideal candidate is energetic and enthusiastic, metrics-driven, and is comfortable working in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Manages a portfolio of 125-150 prospects.
- Develops and implements thoughtful, strategic cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship plans for prospective donors for gifts of $25,000 with an emphasis on $100,000 or more.
- Ensures regular contact with donors through various activities and communications, especially face to face meetings.
- Identifies and develops joint major giving opportunities in collaboration with colleagues and team members across the foundation.
- Develops and manages timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure plans and critical fundraising processes are carried out in a timely manner.
- Develops expertise in hospital Centers of Excellence and service lines. Serves as foundation liaison in assisting physicians, program directors and administration with capital and programmatic funding needs.
- Manages a philanthropic advisory board for one of the Centers of Excellence.
- Supports the Director, Individual Giving on fundraising activities and follow-up.
- Meets annual activity and financial performance metrics.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Phoenix Children's Mission, Vision, & Values
To advance hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their familiesVision
Phoenix Children's will be the leading pediatric health system in the Southwest, nationally recognized for exceptional care, innovative research and advanced medical education.
We realize this vision by:
- Offering the most comprehensive care across ages, communities and specialties
- Investing in innovative research, including emerging treatments, tools and technologies
- Advancing education and training to shape the next generation of clinical leaders
- Advocating for the health and well-being of children and families
- We place children and families at the center of all we do
- We deliver exceptional care, every day and in every way
- We collaborate with colleagues, partners and communities to amplify our impact
- We set the standards of pediatric healthcare today, and innovate for the future
- We are accountable for making the highest quality care accessible and affordable