Posting Note: If you thrive in a fast-paced work environment, come join the outpatient Neurology team! We are looking for a proactive, efficient and organized Administrative Assistant to join our amazing support staff. The AA role will support our busy Neurologists with all their Administrative Needs, and work closely with our clinical support staff team to ensure our patients receive the best care possible. Healthcare administrative experience is preferred!
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support and organization to department directors. The Administrative Assistant also performs a variety of administrative support functions for a department to provide for efficient, effective and customer service-focused operations.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Assists in tracking and updating annual operational budget. Prepares, codes and tracks requests for payments to ensure proper accounting of funds in accordance with budget. Maintains inventory levels of standard office supplies and materials, initiating requests, as appropriate.
- Assists visitors, patients, families and others with hospital related inquiries/concerns; refers to appropriate resource or authority, as necessary.
- Composes correspondence and independently generates other communications, including, but not limited to, e-mails, newsletters, reports, mailings, flyers and brochures through effective use of appropriate software application and/or media.
- Maintains confidential departmental employee files and records to ensure consistently current and accurate documentation.
- Prepares agendas and minutes of a variety of meetings, creates and maintains current calendar of meetings and notifies participants of changes to ensure timely communication.
- Provides administrative support to the department and coordinates and organizes office workflow and communications, including phone management, e-mail correspondence, file maintenance and standard mail collection/distribution to provide for optimum efficiency.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.