The Staffing Center Assistant aids the Centralized Staffing Support Center nurses by supporting the operational aspects of implementing the staffing plan each shift. This position requires outstanding organizational, time management, communication, interpersonal, critical thinking, and escalation skills.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Support daily staffing operations
- Monitors staffing levels through existing systems on an ongoing basis to include understanding of number of staff required, scheduled specialty skill needs, and premium resource allocation and provides details to the Staffing Coordinators for decision making.
- As delegated to by the Staffing Coordinator, facilitates the adjustment of staffing levels to address flexing staffing needs.
- When asked, utilizes available tools to solicit additional staffing resources as needed.
Tracking of Resource Utilization
- Monitors compliance of staffing levels meeting projected staffing needs to include sitter utilization.
- Tracks floats and cancellations to support decision making when staff reduction is necessary.
- Records and reports use of premium and incentive pay and rationale for approval.
Upkeep of Documentation in Staffing and Scheduling Systems
- Documents/codes all ill calls and other shift modifications in real time to ensure timely, accurate staffing level information is available.
- Addresses last minute schedule requests.
- Ensures all changes to scheduled shifts are updated in a timely manner following the bed meeting.
- Verifies Acuities have been assigned to each patient each shift.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.