This position assists with cardiopulmonary exercise testing and performs other non-invasive testing which may include, but is not limited to, electrocardiograms, holter and event monitoring, blood pressure and vital signs. This position also maintains and reconciles the ECG database and assists in the delivery of care to patients in the Heart Center as directed by the manager.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Non-Invasive cardiovascular testing
- Assists in the performance of all cardiopulmonary exercise testing, including metabolic stress tests. Maintains equipment and supplies in the stress lab to ensure uninterrupted patient care. Performs ECG's and rhythm strips as well as the application of holter/event monitors and vital sign monitoring in the heart center. Prepares and instructs patients about examinations, diagnostic tests. Records and communicates patient related information to the physician or health care provider.
Provides administrative support related to non-invasive testing.
- Ensures proper procedures are followed regarding order verification, report generation and appropriate result dissemination. Monitors and maintains ECG database for order/result reconciliation.
- Demonstrates infection control standards related to hand washing and standard precautions.
- Engages in educational training and professional development by attending scheduled educational meetings and reviewing literature.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.