The Senior Process Improvement Specialist manages multiple different initiatives across the organization - clinical, financial and operational. This position leads initiatives by analyzing data, work systems and flows to find ways to improve efficiency, reduce costs, and/or improve patient satisfaction. Daily activities include cooperative work effort with people at all levels of the organization, and works with various methodologies and tools to drive change. At the senior level, this individual acts as a mentor and resource to others needing coaching on how to properly execute process improvement methodology.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Facilitates complex process optimization initiatives to achieve measurable and beneficial impact to strategic initiatives.
- a. Works with organizational leadership to identify opportunities to improve efficiency, reduce costs, improve employee engagement, and/or patient satisfaction.
- b. Develops clear objectives for each initiative and obtains sponsor sign-off.
- c. Facilitates all meetings in a manner that encourages collaboration and out-of-the-box thinking.
- c. Works cooperatively with all team members for optimal output.
- d. Develops a concise closure document which includes a well-defined list of recommendations, completed interventions, and measurable outcome.
Performs qualitative and quantitative analysis to support project initiatives.
- a. Gathers, creates and analyzes current state work flows, processes and data effectively to identify root cause and makes recommendations for process change.
- b. Identifies improvement opportunities based on data and works cooperatively with operational owners to ensure adoption and adherence to new operational work flows.
- c. Provides technical expertise to project teams and/or organizational leaders looking to make improvements in their own areas.
- d. Converts data into meaningful, informative presentations; presents clearly, accurately and effectively to all organizational audiences.
- e. Uses data and analysis to identify new opportunities for improved efficiencies, reduced costs or improved patient satisfaction.
- f. Able to manage highly complex projects independently.
Provides training on Lean or other process improvement methodologies.
- a. Facilitates process improvement training with project team members.
- b. Provides guidance and support to more junior members of the Process Improvement team.
- c. Helps to establish and encourage departmental practices which build a standard level of support documentation that all users of Enterprise Services can come to expect from the Process Improvement Specialists.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.