Posting Note: This is a PRN (as needed) position. The person in this role will be covering for staff who are out of the office and would work about 30-40 hours per quarter. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of medical language, the ability to translate Spanish and experience in the medical field.
This position performs the operation of the front desk duties and assisting the Supervisor with services provided by The Emily Center. Services range from collection development, research of consumer health information, management of the business center within the Emily Center, operating sophisticated technological and electronic resources to providing photocopies and finding obscure materials within a short time frame. This position also assists nurses with Spanish requests, interacts with visitors to the center and collaborates in enhancement of the Spanish collection.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Assists Supervisor with day-to-day operations of the center
- Greets patrons, answers phone, photocopies information for staff and patrons, responds to inquiries via phone, email and or mail as appropriate,
- takes messages and routes to proper person /area to ensure timely and effective provision of information.
- Maintains overall cleanliness of center.
- Opens and closes center as hours indicate.
Processes Requests for Information and eRequests as they are received
- Evaluates data on all Requests for Information received.
- Logs, tracks, and maintains all Request for Information (RFI’s) received in the Emily Data System (EDS) along with back up on paper.
- Prioritizes RFI’s - ensures that they are delivered and are available within established times.
- Collaborates and communicates with nursing staff in establishing effectiveness of work flow with request received. This includes problem solving and trouble-shooting to ensure optimum efficiency.
Researches all Health Information requests submitted in Spanish
- Understands the ethical and legal issues surrounding the provision of individualized health information given to family members, community members, and health care professionals based on credibility, reliability and accuracy.
- Assesses the needs of individuals and their health literacy levels to provide appropriate and evidence based health information.
- Utilizes appropriate methods for interacting effectively and professionally with persons of all ages and from diverse cultural, socioeconomic, educational, racial, and ethnic, sexual orientations, lifestyles and physical abilities
- Works closely with nursing staff in meeting the cultural and language needs of families.
- Performs site translation for nursing staff to fulfill Spanish patron requests.
Performs Multimedia Center Operations
- Pursues and contributes to quality improvements in service and professional practice in the work environment
- Develops, implements, and maintains excellent customer delight. Anticipates needs of visitors and responds to requests, ensuring a timely and effective provision of information.
- Assists in managing the children’s book collection operations, including collection maintenance, overdue and lost media system, classification of materials, and circulation procedures.
- Maintains technical competencies with technology and equipment.
- Assists and educates families and employees with computers, subscription based health resources, reliable Internet search and web-based health resources using the technologies available.
- Participates in the selection and accessibility of digital materials with other staff members.
- Identifies and sets appropriate information resources in both English and Spanish to add to the collection development.
Supervises the front-end weekend volunteers
- Supervises assigned positions, including recommendations for hiring, transferring, disciplining, coaching and counseling.
- Manages incumbents` growth and development by providing adequate opportunities and tools.
- Assesses volunteer skills and knowledge to determine the best utilization of their skills.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.