Posting Note: *PRN position
This position develops, plans, implements and evaluates therapeutic play activities of pediatric patients from neonate to adolescence to promote resiliency by minimizing distress associated with hospitalization.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Supervises, maintains, and provides a safe therapeutic playroom or teen room.
- Cleans and sanitizes toys and equipment to ensure ongoing safety of patients and others.
- Responds to crisis situations appropriately, effectively, and calmly to ensure ongoing safety of patients and others.
- Provides recommendations regarding acquisition and/or replacement of play equipment and toys.
- Maintains appropriate playroom, teen room accountability, productivity, and other pertinent data.
Plans, implements, monitors, and evaluates therapeutic play activities under the direction of assigned child life specialist.
- Implements individual therapeutic play activities to assigned patients.
- Implements therapeutic play activities in playroom or teen room.
Plans, organizes, and leads groups related to creative expression, self healing and overall development.
- Plans, organizes and leads Holiday and special events.
- Plans and assists in coordinating a variety of special projects and events, under the direction of assigned Child Life Specialist.
- Coordinates with Child Life Specialist regarding observation of specific patients in playroom/teen room and/or at the bedside. Communicates these observations, as well as other pertinent observations, to Child Life Specialist.
- Trains, orients, supervises, motivates and supports volunteers. Delegates duties to volunteers during and after assigned shift. Provides information regarding patient and family needs to volunteers.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.