This position calls for an individual to lead business operations and financial planning and analysis (FP&A) activities for all acute care laboratories and the associated pathology physician medical practice in the Department of Pathology and Lab Medicine (DPLM). The Manager provides business guidance by leveraging data-enabled insights in all laboratory operations. The Manager supports the VP of Lab, hospital executives, and collaborates with the Division Chief of Pathology/medical directors in the development of goals and priorities. The Manager leads the development of business plans, annual budgets, oversight of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting, strategic sourcing activities. The Manager also provides general leadership for contracting, data analytics, billing, invoicing, and new business development activities. The incumbent provides supervision, mentoring, and creates an environment of continual training and development for assigned staff.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Reviews monthly financials and operational summary reports. Identifies, explains, and works with the frontline leaders to provide variance justifications for monthly financials to Finance leadership. Develops an environment of financial transparency and clearly communicates outcomes of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial and operational results. Monitors progress and keeps senior leadership and executives abreast of performance.
- Develops annual budgets (capital, operational, and productivity) for all department cost centers in collaboration with operational managers and supervisors. Continuously monitors approved budgets and sets spending allocation priorities when funds are limited or restricted.
- Provides strategic planning, business planning, and data analysis support for new services, labor, material resources, and strategic projects. Oversees the development of proformas, joint venture proposals, and service line expansion plans in collaboration with VP of Lab, Division Chief, and executives. Responsible for monitoring the physician incentive payout program for the Phoenix Children’s Medical Group (PCMG) Pathology practice. Tracks PCMG Pathology financials and productivity (RVUs) on an on-going monthly basis. Works directly within the dyad leadership structure of the VP of Laboratory and the Division Chief of Pathology to plan out all physician/provider Schedule B changes.
- Manages strategic sourcing activities, which include contract execution, negotiations, and leading cost savings initiatives. Fosters collaboration between supply chain and legal teams to implement vendor management best practices and continually identifies opportunities for improvement in contracting workflows. Develops process/value-stream maps as needed.
- Leads the establishment of the data analytics service within Lab. Identifies appropriate operational and business data sources to lend evidence towards business decision making in partnership with Finance, Managed Care, Supply Chain, Legal, Revenue Cycle, and IT. Guides the development of dashboards to visually provide information to all stakeholders in a user-friendly and easily understood manner.
- Guides supervisors and staff toward achieving desired goals in alignment with the strategic direction of the department. Mentors team members to leverage their strengths, and to continually develop their skill sets through professional development opportunities. Creates and promotes a positive and supportive just-culture environment. Assures that frontline leaders train their staff to critically evaluate information (written, verbal, or visual) and to solve problems independently as well as in collaboration with team members and leadership. Timely evaluates staff performance, delivering positive and/or negative feedback.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.