Posting Note: This is a full-time, ON-SITE position at our Phoenix location. As part of our continued commitment to providing a safe and healthy workplace, Phoenix Children’s is officially a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination organization, effective October 1, 2021. All new employees must be fully vaccinated prior to starting employment at Phoenix Children’s. Having a vaccinated workforce is an important step in supporting our mission to provide hope, healing and the best healthcare for the children in our community.
This position coordinates and facilitates all billing activities by following patient accounts through the billing process payors to ensure timely and accurate billing.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Bills both electronically and manually, as needed, and uses all technology available to produce clean claims.
- Interprets claims processing reports and applies information to produce clean claims.
- Maintains current knowledge of regulatory billing requirements.
- Makes changes to demographic information as necessary in order to produce a clean claim.
- Meets or exceeds productivity standards in the completion of daily assignments and accurate production.
- Must have the ability to analyze coding to assure proper billing of claim.
- Participates in a variety of hospital educational programs to maintain current skill and competency levels.
- Requests and attaches required clinical documentation in accordance with third party requirements.
- Services accounts in priority of importance, independently billing accounts with understanding of all applicable insurance and CMS regulations. Prioritizes work to maximize turn around time.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.