Under the direction of the Practice Manager, Director and Division Chief, the Practice Supervisor is responsible for supervisory oversight of the day-to-day administrative and patient care activities within their assigned department(s). Ensures efficient and effective clinic operations and administrative workflows at all locations assigned in accordance with PCH customer service, safety and quality standards. Responsible for ensuring smooth day-to-day clinic operations including, but not limited to: swift resolution of patient complaint/satisfaction issues; daily staffing, schedule and template management and staff task assignments; assists with Kronos oversight and management of staff leave requests; ongoing assessment of clinical and administrative work flows to maximize clinic throughput and efficiency.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Oversees day-to-day activities of the department and may assume responsibility when Manager is not available. Identifies opportunities for department process improvement and executes solutions under department leadership.
- Coordinates office and clinic work flow and communications, including phone management, email correspondence, etc.
- Coordinates educational materials for staff meetings and provides additional staff training as necessary.
Plans and schedules work for the assigned department staff, ensuring proper distribution of work and completion of assignments. Maintains staff schedules to ensure adequate coverage and practice efficiency.
- Prepares schedules, maintaining appropriate staffing levels across all department locations, developing contingency plans for backfill for employee tardies/absences.
- Facilitates ongoing communication with staff to ensure that assigned work is completed
- Participates in and provides oversight and guidance of department staff including, but not limited to: employee interview and selection, orientation, ongoing training and development; performance evaluations and disciplinary action as appropriate.
- In partnership with department leaders, identifies, develops and implements new processes and procedures as necessary, for improved work flow and/or patient satisfaction.
Works with Practice Manager, Division Chief and Scheduling Leadership on developing schedule templates and protocols that maximize access, safety and quality patient care.
- Provides ongoing daily/monthly monitoring of Provider schedules to ensure that schedules are full and unfilled rates stay low.
- Ongoing oversight of clinic supply inventory, PAR levels and usage; ensuring the Providers have everything they need to provide excellent patient care, while remaining within budgetary limitations.
- Performs survey-readiness tracers of assigned areas; pulls monthly reports and documents the monthly QI Dashboard indicators.
- Participates in a variety of departmental and hospital educational and quality initiatives to maintain current skill and competency levels, demonstrate ongoing development and focus on improving overall care quality. Attends and actively participates in staff and interdepartmental meetings.
- Acts as a role model by displaying exemplary, compassionate and professional behavior, motivating staff to provide excellent, patient-focused service.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.