Posting Note: Reporting to the Vice President, Individual Giving, the Planned Giving Director will be a seasoned fundraiser responsible for implementing a comprehensive planned giving program that will attract current and deferred gifts in support of the Phoenix Children’s Hospital Foundation development goals. Serves as an organizational expert in planned giving and supports all activities involved with cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors, Legacy Society, and professional advisors. Success will be achieved by building long term donor partnerships and demonstrating that all levels of philanthropic support are leveraged to realize maximum impact for Phoenix Children’s mission. The ideal candidate will be energetic and enthusiastic, metrics-driven, and is comfortable working in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
Working in close collaboration and reporting to the Vice President (VP), the Foundation Programs Director designs and executes on a comprehensive program development strategy for the Phoenix Children’s Hospital Foundation. The Programs Director oversees and executes on both capital campaigns and ongoing fundraising efforts as well as serving and executing on specific program development goals and strategies.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Regularly reports and documents activities and results against target to achieve/exceed performance metrics.
- Implements a professional development program to address employee experience and skill gaps.
- Works with staff to develop objective performance measurements for identified program, to ensure consistent, high-quality evaluation and goal setting for all employees.
- Instills a sense of accountability among team members by modeling tight oversight of individual and organizational performance standards.
Inform and Coach Development Team:
- Works with the VP and senior leadership team to inform the Development Team on program strategies and goals.
- Develops and implements strategies that will maximize the synergies among program areas. Actively executes on fundraising expectations and goals.
Communicate and Train:
- Trains and mentors Development Staff and communicates fundraising goals and progress throughout the organization.
- Works collaboratively and positively with colleagues to maximize program goals and giving potential.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.