This position administers and coordinates Laboratory POCT Program to ensure operations achieve and comply with established operating budget, quality control and regulatory standards.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Acts as primary liaison between Nursing Education, Clinical Managers, Testing Personnel and Laboratory to establish and monitor POC testing throughout all PCH facilities.
- Coordinates proficiency testing for as required for specific POC tests and testing locations; follows up on variances.
- Develops mechanism to document competency of all testing personnel, including physicians and monitors to ensure competency is performed as required by regulatory agencies.
- Develops POC policies and procedures, consistent with regulatory requirements.
- Ensures that all staff performing POC testing receive adequate orientation and training prior to performing procedures; assists nursing educators with the six-month competencies for new employees and annual Skills Fairs.
- Familiar with regulatory standards related to POC testing and ensures they are met.
- Monitors patient test result reporting of POC tests.
- Troubleshoots technical problems with POC procedures, analyzers and equipment.
- Reviews POC testing performed by staff and makes recommendations to clinical managers and nursing education for development and educational purposes.
- Develops processes for ordering, receipt and proper storage of all POC reagents to ensure adherence to departmental operating and capital budgets.
- Establishes Quality Control systems and mechanisms for all testing performed, and monitors to ensure compliance.
- Maintains professional and technical competency in all aspects of laboratory technology through constantly pursuing knowledge and self-improvement and remaining apprised of current trends, developments and awareness of latest technology and practices to improve outcomes.
- Researches and selects new instrumentation and testing kits for POC testing as needed.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.