This position performs diagnostic magnetic resonance imaging procedures to provide data for diagnosis of disease and injuries in accordance with all applicable standards, regulations and licensing requirements. In addition, this position has advanced, focused duties and responsibilities.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Performs diagnostic MRI procedures and imaging tests as prescribed. Determines proper technique to ensure optimal results in accordance with all applicable standards and procedures.
- Performs finalizing functions including, but not limited to, limited coding using radiology information system (RIS) to provide for timely and accurate patient information and charge capture. Archives records in accordance with Radiologist specifications.
- Participates in the evaluation and development of new procedures and protocols for imaging sequences and quality improvement initiatives. Proactively evaluates practices and assists to create and implement changes to increase and enhance the effectiveness of methods.
- Maintains professional and technical competency through constantly pursuing knowledge and self-improvement by remaining apprised of current literature, practices, and new developments in the fields covered by diagnostic imaging.
- Performs regular equipment calibration and maintenance in accordance with established instructions. Identifies and troubleshoots malfunctions to ensure continuous proper and safe operations. Reports service needs and preventive maintenance issues as appropriate.
- Provides MRI safety information to patients and families to ensure thorough understanding of procedure protocols.
- Participates in the training of MRI students and orienting new MRI Technologists. Also assists in training of Radiography students completing their assigned rotation.
Maintains proficiency in one or more of the following areas to maintain MRI Tech II position:
- Routinely performs charge relief duties in the absence of the Lead MRI Technologist.
- Competent in two of the following advanced MRI procedures:
- a. Cardiac
- b. Functional MRI
- c. Fetal MRI
- Responsible for maintaining ACR accreditation
- MRI department educator
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.