Posting Note: As a Medical Assistant, you will provide back-office duties working with a team of 6-8 providers and the Medical Assistants. You will be comfortable working with sick children and their parents, visiting the clinic. You must be comfortable providing vaccinations, charting, rooming the patient, and working with COVID procedures to ensure the safety of all in the clinic. Less than 10% of the time, you may be asked to assist another provider in a nearby clinic if urgent requests arise. This is a fast-paced environment where we see on average 100+ patients daily. Bring your enthusiasm, compassion for children, tenacity and multi-tasking skills to this job! Schedule: M-F 8:00- 5:00 Location:2550 East Guadalupe R. Suite 115, Gilbert, AZ 85234 Requirements: Previous experience working with children preferred with at least one year of MA experience, strong work ethic and organization skills. Medical Assistant Diploma required ( 2 openings) -
This position works under the direction of a licensed health care professional and performs various clinical and administrative tasks for the assigned area.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- As directed by a physician, performs or assists with procedures such as electrocardiogram, pulmonary function, suture and staple removal, dressing changes, and others.
- Collects laboratory specimens (including blood specimens), performs point of care testing, and disposes of bio-hazardous materials.
- Demonstrates infection control standards related to hand washing and standard precautions.
- Prepares and administers medications, communicates telephone prescriptions to pharmacies, and processes medication refills as directed by a physician.
- Prepares and instructs patients about examinations, diagnostic tests, medications, special diets, and health maintenance.
- Records and communicates patient related information, including vital signs, growth parameters, medical histories, signs, and symptoms, to the physician or licensed health care provider.
- Removes sutures and changes dressings.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.