This position manages, evaluates, and supervises operational functions and activities of assigned areas in multiple locations both on the main campus and at remote clinic locations by guiding and supporting staff and serving as a liaison with other departments to facilitate quick resolution of issues to ensure excellence in a family centered care environment and to support the mission, goals, and objectives of both Phoenix Children's Hospital and PCCD. This job receives supervision of work activities from the Director and supervises the staff members of non-invasive cardiology within both inpatient and outpatient locations at PCH and at PCCD locations.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Develops and supervises staff through provision of timely feedback and use of appropriate Human Resources policies and tools to facilitate and ensure the ability of staff to achieve the highest level of professional growth and desired performance standards.
- Assists in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the departmentally based computer systems to ensure ongoing effectiveness and integrity of processes within both inpatient and outpatient locations at PCH and at PCCD locations.
- Assists to develop, implement, and communicate department and hospital mission and joint venture, values, and strategic plan.
- Manages the operational activities by guiding and supporting staff as well as acting as a liaison with other areas to facilitate quick resolution to issues within both inpatient and outpatient locations at PCH and at PCCD locations.
- Directs, manages, and supervises administrative operations of assigned areas to ensure the highest quality developmentally appropriate patient care consistent with established professional, regulatory, and governmental standards both in the in-patient and out-patient setting.
- Facilitates the professional growth of staff by accurately assessing learning needs, styles, and barriers to learning and coordinating learning opportunities in conjunction with education. Recommends and implements approved imaging sequencing protocols, policies, and guidelines; employees policies and procedures, regulatory guidelines, and professional standards to validate current practice requirements and support overall organizational values and mission.
- Maintains professional and clinical competency in all aspects of specialty area through constantly pursuing knowledge and self-improvement and remaining apprised of current trends, developments, and awareness of latest technology and practices to improve outcomes.
- Provides timely review and feedback to management team for fiscal responsibilities of designated areas reflecting optimal use of all resources.
- Works closely and in conjunction with other disciplines and specialty areas to ensure effective and coordinated delivery of high quality care.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.