Posting Note: Phoenix Children's Hospital, Arizona’s only children’s hospital recognized by US News & World Report’s Best Children’s Hospitals, ranking in all 10 specialties in 2021-22 and the fastest growing Children’s Hospital in the country, is now recruiting for pediatric anesthesiologists to continue our exciting growth trajectory. The Division of Anesthesiology at Phoenix Children’s Hospital is currently being developed to provide anesthesia care across the PCH system, including three hospital campuses and three ambulatory surgery centers. The current operating room and interventional capacity includes 12 inpatient OR’s and 17 ambulatory OR’s/GI endoscopy suites, two interventional radiology suites and two cardiac catheterization suites. In addition, anesthesia provides care in five MRI’s and in hematology/oncology clinic. Between 2022 and 2024 PCH will expand into two additional campuses which will increase OR suites by 12 additional rooms. The Division of Anesthesiology at Phoenix Children’s Hospital is seeking early and mid-career pediatric anesthesiologists. We are a free-standing institution serving a diverse pediatric population undergoing a wide range of procedures. Our staff provide anesthesia to approximately 36,000 children per year while managing their own cases with teaching responsibilities to anesthesia residents from Mayo Clinic and the University of Arizona. We anticipate growth in the East and West valley over the next 3 years. This is a unique opportunity to become part of an exceptional team integral to the success of our nationally recognized hospital with the creation of a new Phoenix Children’s Division of Anesthesiology. A remarkable opportunity to be part of a collaborative workplace where all employees share the same commitment to make a difference in the lives of the children we serve. We have created a model where leadership, inclusivity, wellness, and quality are fundamental components of success—driven by teaching and superb clinical care. We are seeking candidates who have a strong commitment to excellence in patient care for our patients and families. This position offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, including employer retirement contribution, generous vacation/meeting time, CME funds, health and dental benefits, disability, and life insurance. Applicants should have the ability to work with teams on patient focused, division-centric, and hospital wide initiatives. Interest and/or experience in education, research, and programmatic development would appeal as we seek to develop our programs in these areas. Opportunity exists for academic affiliations with Mayo Clinic School of Medicine, University of Arizona College of Medicine-Phoenix, and Creighton University School of Medicine. The ideal candidate will have: - Interest in clinical excellence, education, and research - MD/DO degree - Board certified in Anesthesia - Board certified/Board eligible in Pediatric Anesthesia
The staff physician shall provide patient care services and will support the PCH mission of providing hope, healing and the best health care for children and their families.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Patient Care Services
- 1)Provide patient care services for which he/she is clinically privileged, including but not limited to:
- a)Provide direct patient care services on an inpatient and outpatient basis
- b)Provide subspecialty consultations and follow-up.
- c)Provide diagnostic and therapeutic services/procedures
- d)Provide these services for urgent/ emergent care as necessary
- 2)Strive to achieve the best patient and family centered care
- 3)Support Hospital’s patient satisfaction goals as well as division’s specific targets
- 4)Support and adhere to divisional patient safety and quality of care standards
- 5)Practices Contemporary Evidence based medicine or latest experience based medicine
- 1)Establish and demonstrate effort to achieve annual physician goals and objectives (e.g. individual, division, hospital)
- 2)Support the medical education programs and activities of the Division, including but not limited to:
- a)Provide direct supervision of trainees and allied health care professionals for the delivery of inpatient and outpatient services when applicable
- b)Conduct teaching rounds, lectures and conference for trainees
- c)Participate in the teaching and supervision of trainees and allied health care professionals assigned to the division
- d)Participate in the postgraduate continuing educational activities of the division
- 3)Support the research endeavors of the division including the research initiatives by other members of the division
- 4)Support programmatic growth of division
- 5)Support satellite efforts of division when appropriate
- 1)Treat colleagues, PCH employees and customers with courtesy, dignity and respect
- 2)Promote safe, cooperative and professional health care environment
- 3)Support PCH mission, vision and values, including family centered care, excellence in clinical care, leadership, collaboration, and accountability
- 1)Physician shall support the Division Chief in his/her role as liaison to the professional community and general public as requested by the Division Chief
- 2)Physician may conduct teaching rounds or conferences outside of PCH, particularly if these activities support divisional clinical and teaching programs/ initiatives.
- 3)Physician shall represent PCH in the medical and business communities and before the general public in a professional manner
- 4)The following physical and mental skills are essential to the physician’s ability to successfully perform the foregoing duties and responsibilities:
- a)The ability to communicate by telephone, computer or other communication devices
- b)The ability to perform after hours or night call responsibilities as needed
- c)The ability to work regularly scheduled work hours
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.