The Director, Sports Physical Therapy Services is responsible for leading the operational and strategic growth of the Phoenix Children’s Sports Therapy service line and provides high level decision making to ensure operational effectiveness of the service line. The Director of Sports Physical Therapy is accountable for continuous improvement of sports therapy to produce quality outcomes that meet/exceed the needs and expectations of those served by Phoenix Children's Hospital. Must collaborate effectively and build collegial relationships with internal and external stakeholders ensuring optimal coordination of care and strategic positioning. Responsible for the overall clinical quality, integrity, service excellence and financial viability of Sports Therapy programs at all sites of service to ensure the customer’s and enterprise’s expectations are met. Plans, develops, implements and monitors appropriate provision, documentation, billing of clinical services and customer relations. Identifies new opportunities and implements growth strategies, as well as evaluates effectiveness of employees and ongoing programs.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- a.Develops strategies, with input from key stakeholders, to ensure effective market positioning for Sports PT in alignment with overall PCH goals and expectations.
- b.Actively identifies conventional and non-conventional growth opportunities that will lead to additional volume and revenue, improving PCH’s strategic positioning in the marketplace.
- c.Implements strategies to protect the organization's market share by evaluating and maintaining visibility of new and existing sports therapy programs.
- d.Provides expert and concise evidence-based documents using data to drive decisions and monitor progress.
- e.Enhances and develops relationships with physicians, businesses, schools, and communities to establish partnerships and affiliations to support the growth of the Sports PT program.
- f.Provides oversight and change management for departments assigned.
- g.Contributes to a culture of innovation to drive change and improvement.
- a.Thorough understanding of provider-based billing and hospital revenue cycle; able to identify interventions to respond to changes in reimbursement.
- b.Strategizes opportunities to improve efficiencies and increase profitability within Sports Therapy services.
- c.Develops Sports PT financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances.
- d.Creates, monitors, and analyzes assigned budgets and address variances with action plans.
- e.Manages and meets productivity metrics and variances for departments assigned.
- f.Manages capital planning for departments assigned.
- g.Ensures expenses are managed properly and identify opportunities for cost containment.
- h.Ensures compliance with all billing requirements within the state of Arizona.
- a.Provides clinical oversight and expertise regarding pediatric population.
- b.Ability to assign resources to match clinical needs within departments assigned.
- c.Ensures documentation is timely and accurate.
- d.Ensures timely evaluations and consults according to hospital, state, and federal policy.
- e.Monitors referrals for appropriate plan of care including duration and visits.
- f.Ensures compliance with federal and state regulatory agencies and hospital policies.
Human Resource Management
- a.Identifies staffing needs, develops action plans to meet these needs as warranted, including the addition of other sites within the enterprise.
- b.Manages human resources within the scope of labor laws and hospital policies.
- c.Applies recruitment techniques and strategies to fill vacancies.
- d.Applies individual and team interview techniques to select qualified applicants.
- e.Develops, oversees, and evaluates onboarding process and content for all sites of service.
- f.Conducts staff evaluations, assists staff with setting goals, implements continual performance development, initiates corrective action, and terminates staff as needed
- a.Identifies key performance indicators for all sites of service and establishes data collection methodology, evaluates performance data, and responds to outcome measurement findings.
- b.Identifies process improvement strategies to improve overall quality and safety, customer service and financial performance within the service line.
- c.Ensures QAPI plans in place to meet national benchmarks and metrics for inpatient and outpatient rehab services.
- d.Assesses customer (internal and external) and patient satisfaction; develops and implements strategies to address and improve satisfaction issues.
- e.Ensures safety events and trends are actively managed and addressed.
- f.Actively promotes internal and external communication.
Relationship Management and Influencing Behaviors
- a.Identifies when conflict remains, and intervenes to help resolve.
- b.Identifies issues that require immediate attention and apply principles of crisis management to handle situations as needed.
- c.Influence other leaders through role modeling good communication and professional behavior; applies motivational theory and acts as a change agent; assists others in problem solving skills.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.