Department: RSRCH-GRNT | Child Life Prog Grants
Category: Child Life/Teachers
Posting #: 611682
Date Posted: 8/14/2021
Employee Type: Regular
This position will provide music therapy in caring for the health needs of infant, child, adolescent, and families.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Provides comprehensive music therapy services to patients and families that meet the emotional, physical, cognitive, social/cultural and communicative needs.
- Collaborate as a member of the health care team by integrating music therapy into the care of the patient.
- Performs assessments of patients and families to identify the needs in order to set short and /or long term goals.
- Provides music therapy interventions that are goal-oriented and patient/family focused.
- Evaluates effectiveness of interventions and modifies care based on results.
Document music therapy interventions in patient medical record in a timely and thorough manner.
- Documentation will include original assessment and progress notes.
- Communicates effectively with Child Life staff and other members of the interdisciplinary health care team on clinical care planning and issues revealed through music therapy sessions.
- Presents educational in-services about music therapy within the medical facility.
- Maintain accurate music therapy sessions statistics in quality assurance efforts
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.