The Biostatistician works under the supervision of a Senior Biostatistician to provide statistical support to diverse teams of investigators, for a wide range of clinical research and quality studies. Statistical principles will be applied to select and apply analytic methods for all aspects of study design, protocol development, data management and analyses, summary and interpretation of results, drawing conclusions and dissemination of study findings.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Collaborates with researchers to define study aims and corresponding statistical hypotheses.
- Aids in the selection of appropriate study designs to achieve study objectives.
- Develops appropriate statistical analyses plans including power and samples size calculations for study protocols being submitted for funding and/or IRB approval.
- Data management including: - Consults to develop data collection forms and questionnaires. - Helps monitor data entry and perform interim analyses. - Integrates/Merges data from various sources. - Develops data cleaning processes and checks. - Manipulate databases. (ACCESS, REDCap, Excel) using analytic software (SAS, R) to create new data fields.
- Examines the distribution of data variables using graphics and summary measures to identify and correct outliers, missing data and skewed distributions.
- Conducts statistical analyses to test study hypotheses using analytic methods appropriate for continuous, categorical, longitudinal and, time-to-event data.
- Develops multivariable models for hypothesis testing and prediction.
- Applies appropriate strategies to address issues including bias, overdispersion, intra-cluster correlation, repeated measures, and multiple testing.
- Summarizes results of statistical analyses using graphics, tables, and text.
- Draws conclusions based on statistical results, and identify strengths and limitations of data analyses.
- Documents analytic methods, and contributes to the preparation of abstracts, posters and manuscripts.
- Makes presentations to stakeholders regarding statistical analyses and results.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.