Posting Note: Reporting to the Senior Director, Individual Giving, the Sr. Philanthropy Officer (SPO) will be a seasoned major gifts fundraiser responsible for securing individual gifts with an emphasis on $100,000 and above. Success will be achieved by building long term donor partnerships and demonstrating that all levels of philanthropic support are leveraged to realize maximum impact for Phoenix Children’s mission. The ideal candidate will be energetic and Education and Experience Requirements: **Minimum of 7 years in fundraising, development or related field in a non-profit environment. Experience in a medical or academic development setting strongly encouraged **Bachelor’s degree or Master’s in business, philanthropy or related field **Demonstrated success in building long term philanthropic relationships while also consistently meeting fundraising goals and securing gifts of $100,000 and above. **Candidate must be able to navigate a wide variety of business and social settings and enjoy taking the message of Phoenix Children’s Hospital to individuals and organizations not yet familiar with its work. **Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other equivalent CRM system enthusiastic, metrics-driven, and is comfortable working in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
Reporting to the Director, Individual Giving, the Sr Philanthropy Officer is a seasoned major gifts fundraiser responsible for securing individual gifts with an emphasis on $100,000 and above. Success is achieved by building long term donor partnerships and demonstrating that all levels of philanthropic support are leveraged to realize maximum impact for Phoenix Children’s mission. The ideal candidate is energetic and enthusiastic, metrics-driven, and is comfortable working in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Manages a portfolio of 125-150 prospects.
- Develops and implements thoughtful, strategic cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship plans for prospective donors for gifts of $25,000 with an emphasis on $100,000 or more.
- Ensures regular contact with donors through various activities and communications, especially face to face meetings.
- Identifies and develops joint major giving opportunities in collaboration with colleagues and team members across the foundation.
- Develops and manages timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure plans and critical fundraising processes are carried out in a timely manner.
- Develops expertise in hospital Centers of Excellence and service lines. Serves as foundation liaison in assisting physicians, program directors and administration with capital and programmatic funding needs.
- Manages a philanthropic advisory board for one of the Centers of Excellence.
- Supports the Director, Individual Giving on fundraising activities and follow-up.
- Meets annual activity and financial performance metrics.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.