Posting Note: Are you ready for the next step in your career? Then we have the position for you. Phoenix Children's Hospital is growing, and we are looking for an individual who are willing to lead and inspire in one of the largest children’s hospital in the country. This position provides a hefty sign on bonus
The Supervisor, Lab Pre-Analytics oversees the laboratory processing, sendout testing, sweat testing, and phlebotomy teams. The supervisor provides general supervision for assigned staff to ensure daily technical operations achieve and comply with established operating budget, quality control, inventory management and regulatory standards. The supervisor works collaboratively with lab administrative and medical leadership to implement best practices in all assigned areas, engage with inpatient/outpatient nursing, and ambulatory clinic staff and leadership. Supervisor performs backup duties for leads and staff in all assigned areas if needed.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Supervises daily operations of the processing, sendouts, sweat testing, and phlebotomy teams. Monitors effectiveness and timeliness of workflows and adherence to best practices for patient safety. Oversees inventory management for their designated areas.
- Supervises work activities of lab assistants, sendout specialists, and phlebotomists to ensure competency assessment, ongoing staff development, and excellence in patient satisfaction. Provides timely feedback, resolves problems, and addresses concerns of staff, leadership, and patients. Responsible for selection and supervision of personnel, scheduling for coverage of services, revision/development of policies and procedures pertaining to laboratory processing, sendout testing, sweat testing, and phlebotomy services.
- Participates in hospital and department operational and quality improvement initiatives; proactively evaluates systems, practices, and assists to create and implement changes to increase and enhance the effectiveness of the operations.
- Monitors and maintains specimen processing, sendouts, and phlebotomy quality metrics.
- Ensures adherence to departmental productivity, operating, and capital budgets.
- Processes patient specimens according to the established quality standards, methods, and practices to prepare them for send out and/or in-house laboratory testing; provides phlebotomy services.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.