Posting Note: Phoenix Children’s has an opportunity for a BC/BE Pediatrician to join one of the most respected teams in the region in serving children who are suspected victims of child maltreatment, with the Division of Child Protection. Job Role - Child Protection Pediatrician Provide expert subspecialty care in the inpatient and outpatient setting as a member of the Division of Child Protection - Play a significant role in serving as a resource for Phoenix Children’s and Maricopa County - Maintain and expand services at Phoenix Children’s and Maricopa Medical Center as well as three advocacy sites ChildHelp Children’s Advocacy Center of Arizona, Southwest Family Advocacy Center, and Mesa Family Advocacy Center - Work with a child protection team of Pediatricians, Nurse Practitioners, dedicated Forensic Interviewers plus excellent support staff in a manner that fulfills the strategic goals of PCH while complying with state and federal laws and accreditation standards related safety and risk management - Help facilitate the advancement of the SANE RN program Desired Skills & Experience Minimum Qualifications - Board Certified Pediatrics - Board Certified/Eligible in Child Abuse Pediatrics is preferred - Fellowship trained and/or significant interest in child protection
The staff physician shall provide patient care services and will support the PCH mission of providing hope, healing and the best health care for children and their families.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Patient Care Services
- 1)Provide patient care services for which he/she is clinically privileged, including but not limited to:
- a)Provide direct patient care services on an inpatient and outpatient basis
- b)Provide subspecialty consultations and follow-up.
- c)Provide diagnostic and therapeutic services/procedures
- d)Provide these services for urgent/ emergent care as necessary
- 2)Strive to achieve the best patient and family centered care
- 3)Support Hospital’s patient satisfaction goals as well as division’s specific targets
- 4)Support and adhere to divisional patient safety and quality of care standards
- 5)Practices Contemporary Evidence based medicine or latest experience based medicine
- 1)Establish and demonstrate effort to achieve annual physician goals and objectives (e.g. individual, division, hospital)
- 2)Support the medical education programs and activities of the Division, including but not limited to:
- a)Provide direct supervision of trainees and allied health care professionals for the delivery of inpatient and outpatient services when applicable
- b)Conduct teaching rounds, lectures and conference for trainees
- c)Participate in the teaching and supervision of trainees and allied health care professionals assigned to the division
- d)Participate in the postgraduate continuing educational activities of the division
- 3)Support the research endeavors of the division including the research initiatives by other members of the division
- 4)Support programmatic growth of division
- 5)Support satellite efforts of division when appropriate
- 1)Treat colleagues, PCH employees and customers with courtesy, dignity and respect
- 2)Promote safe, cooperative and professional health care environment
- 3)Support PCH mission, vision and values, including family centered care, excellence in clinical care, leadership, collaboration, and accountability
- 1)Physician shall support the Division Chief in his/her role as liaison to the professional community and general public as requested by the Division Chief
- 2)Physician may conduct teaching rounds or conferences outside of PCH, particularly if these activities support divisional clinical and teaching programs/ initiatives.
- 3)Physician shall represent PCH in the medical and business communities and before the general public in a professional manner
- 4)The following physical and mental skills are essential to the physician’s ability to successfully perform the foregoing duties and responsibilities:
- a)The ability to communicate by telephone, computer or other communication devices
- b)The ability to perform after hours or night call responsibilities as needed
- c)The ability to work regularly scheduled work hours
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.